kk first of all, i really dis-like ppl who post and say " well im getting dreads tommorow and i wanna know how they do it". i beleive that if your getting dreads you have to be passionate bout it and know what your getting yourself into.
that being said lately ive been checkin them out cause i have wanted them for a long time, but have never know anyone personally who has had them. and i know a lot of pit-monkeys are pretty knowlagable bout it soo here she blows....

1.) ive heard that if you get it done while your hair is shorter it ends up being an eaiser process and ends up looking nicer. there are some stories on here where ppl have cut there hair shorter to get it done, then grown it. i think this is weird cause my hair is only like 6.5 inches on top and like 5 on sides and back, and im still gorwin it out before i get them, prolly cause i think that short dreads look kinda gay. so pretty much is that true, and if it is my dreads are only gonna be like 4 inches on top ?

2.) im white, and i know that EVERYONE hates white ppl with dreads but i dont really care, ive seen pictures and i think it looks fine, but my problem is my hair is BLACK. like dark dark black, and really ive only seen brown dreads. so i was wondering if anyone had any pics or comments on dark dreads?

3.) how early before you get the process done should you start using the natural shampoo. someone on one of the threads metioned 3 months? and i didnt think youd have to start that early? cause im still usin my oily conditioner and stuff so i was just wondering.

4.) lastly, does having dreads slow down the growth of hair, i do see why it would but alot of ppl were sayin it does. so iunno?

kk thanks for the help and any comments or pics would be REALLY helpfuk.
peace.
I can help you with no.2...sorta.
My sister's boyfriend has black dreads (he's white) and they look fine, a little undefined (if that makes sence), but still look grand.
Quote by KileManA7X
You sir, are an honorary genius! Take this badge, you made us proud!
i've got dreads, i made them myself in march '06 and they've been going strong ever since. it took about 3 hours by myself back combing patritioned sections of my hair. afterwards i applied some Dread Head wax and i was done. i also have Dread Head shampoo which is specially formulated (i'm not advertising :P) so that it doesnt leave any residue in ur hair.

i had gotten dreads once before in feb of '04 professionally but it was a **** house job... and very expensive. so i cut them out in conjunction with those 'shave for a cure' thingies and grew my hair again.

you can access my pics from my myspace on...
http://www.myspace.com/h_poursh

go here for info on dreads and products.
http://www.dreadheadhq.com/

send us an update/pic of your dreads when they are done.
you wouldnt happen to have any pics? lol
cause the only pics ive seen is brian from shadows fall and his are, simply put, God-like.
even famous people would work, just ive googled black dreads and white guy dreads and all sorts of **** and havent got any good pics.
thanks for the help tho.
kk thanks a ton. very helpful, nice piccys to
yeah i was checkin out the dread head stuff and it seems to be the most recomened stuff.
how do you get it, ordering through the mail or wwhat?
the only thing i heard bad is that the wax leaves like white stuff or pus or some **** in your hair, i uno it was in one of the other threads
Quote by Hadeed
i've got dreads, i made them myself in march '06 and they've been going strong ever since. it took about 3 hours by myself back combing patritioned sections of my hair. afterwards i applied some Dread Head wax and i was done. i also have Dread Head shampoo which is specially formulated (i'm not advertising :P) so that it doesnt leave any residue in ur hair.

i had gotten dreads once before in feb of '04 professionally but it was a **** house job... and very expensive. so i cut them out in conjunction with those 'shave for a cure' thingies and grew my hair again.

I just had a glimpse at your pictures..I RECOGNISE YOU!

"..**** YOU I WON'T DO WHAT YA TELL ME!!"

Seriously, IMO you look like Zack De La Rocha on some of those pictures
Quote by imdeth
This man deserves my +1

+1

Quote by denizenz
Go in peace my son, and teach to the pit dwellers what I have shown unto you.

ಠ_ಠ

XBL: huffy409
Quote by rage__against10
you wouldnt happen to have any pics? lol
cause the only pics ive seen is brian from shadows fall and his are, simply put, God-like.
even famous people would work, just ive googled black dreads and white guy dreads and all sorts of **** and havent got any good pics.
thanks for the help tho.

For some cool white-guy dreads, google image search "Ginger Wildheart" and "Newton Faulkner"
Quote by imdeth
This man deserves my +1

+1

Quote by denizenz
Go in peace my son, and teach to the pit dwellers what I have shown unto you.

ಠ_ಠ

XBL: huffy409
i had dreads for a little bit and know alot of people with em, and they are all white it looks fine and cool, and second off dont listen to stupid people who know nithing about dreads, my one friend researched them for like 2 month before he got em, you should do the same. (well not for two months though, maybe like a week.)
hahah i was just gonna say he's a yound zack, lmao.
are they standin up on end cause you want them to, or cause there short? (in some of the pics, like the subway sation one)
also thanks to huffy for the names, Newton Faulkner's are sweet lol, thats bout the thinkness and length i think is cool, but again there brown.
lol thanks guys and keep the comments commin.
[quote="'[x"]Huffy[x]']I just had a glimpse at your pictures..I RECOGNISE YOU!

"..**** YOU I WON'T DO WHAT YA TELL ME!!"

Seriously, IMO you look like Zack De La Rocha on some of those pictures

i had the idea of trying go to the backstage venues for RATM's aussie gigs. the tix sold out for their Big Day Out festivals... so yeah, next best thing is impersonating.
This girl had my school got dreads last month. Shes Italian and now everyone calls her the "Pasta Rasta"
--
...and the world sighed in relief
Quote by rage__against10
hahah i was just gonna say he's a yound zack, lmao.
are they standin up on end cause you want them to, or cause there short? (in some of the pics, like the subway sation one)
also thanks to huffy for the names, Newton Faulkner's are sweet lol, thats bout the thinkness and length i think is cool, but again there brown.
lol thanks guys and keep the comments commin.

i look like side show bob becus my hair naturally is very... fluffy? i did the dreads really tight too but after a while the dreads become compressed and gravity finally took over. when they become more compressed and regrowth comes in, they'll settle down, but i've never seen any one with hair as drastic as mine when they first did dreads.
hahaha. Pasta the Rasta.
+1...
also hadeed deserves a cookie for trying to impersonate zach. imagin if it worked and they like forced you onto the stage, and you were infront of like 219401 aussies?!!! then what!!!
thanks for the advise to lol.
umm my hair is thick as holy vaginaballs.
everytime i go to get my hair cut or like thinned they always complain about how thick it is and stuff, its also not curly its more wazy and then in the back and on the sides it gets really knoty and tangley (which im gessing is a good thing) maybe if this thread keeps goin for a few days ill past a pic of me.
Quote by rage__against10
hahaha. Pasta the Rasta.
+1...
also hadeed deserves a cookie for trying to impersonate zach. imagin if it worked and they like forced you onto the stage, and you were infront of like 219401 aussies?!!! then what!!!
thanks for the advise to lol.
umm my hair is thick as holy vaginaballs.
everytime i go to get my hair cut or like thinned they always complain about how thick it is and stuff, its also not curly its more wazy and then in the back and on the sides it gets really knoty and tangley (which im gessing is a good thing) maybe if this thread keeps goin for a few days ill past a pic of me.

you can get dreads done regardless of how your hair situation is... unless ur bald. but obviously the more curlier your hair is, the better it is for having dreads. thick hair is also good too.

in regard to going on stage... i can sing but i cant scream/belt cus it kills me... but i can play a pretty kickass cover of freedom... so i'll just kick morello over onto mic... its about time he did something else other than guitar.
yeah, lol not many ppl can do what zack does, hes a decent vocalist. he was diffrent (back then at least) so i think its cool and unique.
Also Toms a really good guitar player and from what i heard he can sing pretty well to, he has solo project called watchmen, or the watchmen, or watchtower or something along those lines, and i heard on of the demos, it wanst bad atal. kinda acustic folky type deal.
lol.
as for the dreads lol i have asked one of my friends sisters about it (shes a hairdresser) and she said that if i got it done it would hurt like a MotherFacker but it would end up turning up great. so that was a little bit of encuragment
Quote by Hadeed

Yeah, my brother highly recommends the kit you can get on there(dreadheadhq), seriously, he never shuts up about how much better his dreads are after he did them himself with this kit.

So, it's well worth the money.
all my friends that have dreads are white.
i hate short dreads they look gross
no dreads do not slow down the process of growing your hair it just looks like it because its all matted.
kk thanks for the advice taluha....
yeah not a big fan of really short freads either, but i guess not everyone can start out with great big full ones. thats why im wondering if i should wait till my hair is a but longer first.
hadeed... how long was yours when you got it done, and how long did you get it done before those subway pics? just curious.
anyone else got any pics lol? i just really enjoy lookin at pics of dreads, i have like 10 vids of brian(shadows fall) just head bangin. its like pr0n to me lol.
i think mine were around 12cm when i dreaded them, i did my dreads maybe 2-3days before the subway pics.
yeah, i said in my 1st post that i had back combed it myself when i did it in march '06
go for it, ive had dreads for bout 3 and 1/2 years now and they are the best hair style dont have to brush your hair or style them. They only seem like theyre growing slower cos your doest grow straight it has to twist and knot together. When i had mine first done they were bout 10 cm long now theyre about 40 - 50 cm long.

Im also white and they look good, i think black peoples hair just dreads easier so u just gota maintain them and they will be sweet