Page 1 of 2
at my local music store, i was looking for an S series guitar but they didnt have any, but i know the guy who works there, and he showed me the RG350EX. i really liked the neck, and i know im supposed to stay away from that damn Edge 3( if worse comes to Worse, i can always swap it out) but otherwise is it a fairly decent guitar? i know i can swap the pups if they are terrible too. Thanks. and if it helps, it was selling for 680$ canadian.

EDIT: ok, so know that i know the price could be wrong, what is your oppinion on it Excluding pricing?
Last edited by Tubyboulin at Oct 26, 2007,
i got the rg350MDX about a month ago. Its the same thing but with a maple fretboard. I havent had any problems with it so far and the tremolo holds tune pretty well on mine. Im probably gonna get new pickups though
You can get it for cheaper

Quote by KileManA7X
I remember my first erection. I went to my dad and was like "Do I have Aids???". I seriously thought there was something wrong with me.

Quote by Tubyboulin
at my local music store, i was looking for an S series guitar but they didnt have any, but i know the guy who works there, and he showed me the RG350EX. i really liked the neck, and i know im supposed to stay away from that damn Edge 3( if worse comes to Worse, i can always swap it out) but otherwise is it a fairly decent guitar? i know i can swap the pups if they are terrible too. Thanks. and if it helps, it was selling for 680$ canadian.

If you don't mind having a fixed bridge, you can get a way better guitar for $680.
TO ALL MY KILLERS AND MY HUNDRED DOLLAR BILLERS...
...TO EMO KIDS THAT GOT TOO MANY FEELINGS
Nah, i want the Trem., ive got a SG and its fixed bridge, so the point of getting the Ibanez was for the Trem and Neck. but yeah i know i can probobly get it cheaper, but its just i havent seen that model anywhere else. if i do get it i probobly wont buy from there.
I was a bit worried with the S, seeing as it is REALLY thin, and has a bolt on neck (the RG is set, rght??) but my parents dont really approve of ordering off the internet, since there are at least 5 different guitar shops within an hour of my house. and Christmas is right around the Corner, so something local might be better. ill mess around again on it next week when i go in for my guitar lessons and test it out more extensively, and the Owner whom i also know said he can order aany Ibanez i want.
Musiciansfriend doesn't ship Ibanez out side of the states. Why? Ibanez has a whole double price thing going on. Although our dollar is higher we can still expect to pay more than $100 for a new guitar in Canada. Yea its bull. Still $680 is a lot to ask for that guitar. I'd go for the S470 unless you need the 24 frets. Then I'd advise you save a bit longer (or maybe even wait till Christmas) and get an RG1570 or something nicer.
yeah, thats what sucks about canada(really one of the only things haha) and i think the 24 frets might be nice. oh and if worse comes to worse, i live in Ontario(near Ottawa) so i can always take a day trip down to the states if its cheaper.
680 CND for an RG350? dude that's a ****ing rip off right there, those things go brand new in the U.S for 350 USD, unless the current exchange rate says otherwise.
Quote by Eric 666
680 CND for an RG350? dude that's a ****ing rip off right there, those things go brand new in the U.S for 350 USD, unless the current exchange rate says otherwise.

Yeah, $680 is a joke. I got mine for $399 CAD(Back when it was weak)
judging by this i mightve read the price wrong, i meen i know that that store usually charges a little Extra but from what you guys are saying it cant be that much, ill check again on Wedsday, maby it was lower.
$680 was probably the list price. Cut them down. Please. Online stores give you a more concrete street price. Shops tend to try and make you pay more and try to make you feel better by throwing in random stuff. Nevertheless, I wouldn't want a guitar with an Edge III. If it were me. I'd save my money for a Prestige. The Edge III will crap out eventually. If you want to swap it, you could have just saved the money towards a better guitar.
What do you think i should be paying at a shop for it? and how do i get the store to lower its prices? the only other store that carries ibanex around heres emloyees are assholes who really dont give a **** about the Customer and sit around and talk with each other all day, and i really dont want to give any buisness to them.
Yeah, Ebay is Always an Option, although id kinda like new seeing as This isnt an overly expensive guitar, id only go used for something REALLY pricy
Ok, ill check that out then. I looked on Ebay for a 350 and they didnt have any, so ill check for a 570.

EDIT: Did you meen a 1570
Last edited by Tubyboulin at Oct 26, 2007,
The only thing I dont like about the S is it has only 22 frets..
CLICK ME

Quote by lrc95

hi, i was just wondering how to post a thread?

Quote by AS I LAY DYING!
and USD is equal to how much in US dollars?

Quote by Armchair Bronco
Everyone must own a DS-1 at some point in their playing career.

^^idiots

Can't you check your local classified ads or some other methods to buy used? Because in all honesty, I bought my RG560 by accident on a local classified ads and it was a $2++ usd bargain.
I know everyone else is saying save for a more expensive guitar, but you could just buy the RG350DX and as it costs less you would get it earlier (if you're impatient like me thats a good thing) and then you could gradually save more money to upgrade the trem (direct swap for an OFR) and the pickups (up to you). You might also want to get it professionally serviced as well. After all this you'll have a guitar that is both excellent and customized to how you want it.
I love how their is this wave of ignorance going around claiming that "OH not the Edge 3 trem, their bad, and they will break eventually!"

I bet that almost all of these people don't have an ibanez with edge 3, or have even ever used one.

My friend has had an ibanez with an edge 3 for over a year and has never given him any problems at all.
epiphone les paul standard
peavey bandit 112
peavey rage 158
squier stagemaster fr

trueguitarhero
-You don't seem to realize that heaven and hell are just delusions created to control the masses through fear and false promises.
Quote by liquidknowledg4
I love how their is this wave of ignorance going around claiming that "OH not the Edge 3 trem, their bad, and they will break eventually!"

I bet that almost all of these people don't have an ibanez with edge 3, or have even ever used one.

My friend has had an ibanez with an edge 3 for over a year and has never given him any problems at all.

Agreed, in fact I'm saving for an RG370DX and doing basically what I said above.
And if the Edge III is crap? I'll just replace it with an OFR. It's not that complicated.
Quote by McCheese
Agreed, in fact I'm saving for an RG370DX and doing basically what I said above.
And if the Edge III is crap? I'll just replace it with an OFR. It's not that complicated.

If you set the Egde III up properly, it won't give you that much problems.

Granted, they do wear out sooner than higher quality trems, but it's not the baby punching monster it's made out to be.

Keep in mind though that OFRs are expensive, so you're going to have to save up for a while to get one.

Quote by McCheese
I know everyone else is saying save for a more expensive guitar, but you could just buy the RG350DX and as it costs less you would get it earlier (if you're impatient like me thats a good thing) and then you could gradually save more money to upgrade the trem (direct swap for an OFR) and the pickups (up to you). You might also want to get it professionally serviced as well. After all this you'll have a guitar that is both excellent and customized to how you want it.

That would mean he would have to get that guitar, save up well over 150$ for the trem, a few hundred bucks for a pickup upgrade plus the money for a professional setup.

I would imagine it's a better idea to go for a slightly more expensive guitar like the S470, where you don't have to replace the trem, than it is to buy the RG350DX and spend hundreds on upgrades.
You've read it, you can't un-read it!
Last edited by Bonsaischaap at Oct 27, 2007,
Quote by Bonsaischaap
If you set the Egde III up properly, it won't give you that much problems.

Granted, they do wear out sooner than higher quality trems, but it's not the baby punching monster it's made out to be.

Keep in mind though that OFRs are expensive, so you're going to have to save up for a while to get one.

That would mean he would have to get that guitar, save up well over 150$ for the trem, a few hundred bucks for a pickup upgrade plus the money for a professional setup.

I would imagine it's a better idea to go for a slightly more expensive guitar like the S470, where you don't have to replace the trem, than it is to buy the RG350DX and spend hundreds on upgrades.

Well I personally prefer the look and feel of the RG and prefer the inlays and colours, and think its best to go for a guitar which has all of the irreplaceable things you want, that way you can change it yourself to how you want it, and I am willing to pay more for that. Also there's the up side for me that you get the guitar earlier.
But yeah, if you really are against paying more and don't care about waiting for it then by all means go for the S.
its really all up to what YOU yourself want.
Quote by liquidknowledg4

You are claiming that the edge III is not a crappy trem when only your friends owns it. Not you.
CLICK ME

Quote by lrc95

hi, i was just wondering how to post a thread?

Quote by AS I LAY DYING!
and USD is equal to how much in US dollars?

Quote by Armchair Bronco
Everyone must own a DS-1 at some point in their playing career.

^^idiots

As ive said before, Christmas is right around the Corner, plus i do have the money to upgrade everything if it inst exactly as good as i hoped (possibility of a shotty trem or pups) but i will deffenitly still look into the S470, hopefully i will get to try it soon. and i have a Uncles Ex Bro-in-law who has played guitar for 30 some years and owns his own store, so he could deffenitly set anything i buy up at a discount, he knows what hes doing. and thank you to everyone whos given suggestions so far.
Quote by mothership
You are claiming that the edge III is not a crappy trem when only your friends owns it. Not you.

I never said it was a good or bad trem, I just said I had a friend that hasnt ever had any problems with it. I was with him when he bought it, and i have played it many many times and it stays in tune just fine.

I said people just automatically assume its bad because of what they hear from someone else that never even had experience with one.

Dont try to switch my words around.
epiphone les paul standard
peavey bandit 112
peavey rage 158
squier stagemaster fr

trueguitarhero
-You don't seem to realize that heaven and hell are just delusions created to control the masses through fear and false promises.
^ Well yeah it can be replaced, but I don't see the point replacing it with a good Floyd when you can get an S series with a quality trem for less. I've used Edge III guitars before, and brand new they're okay, but having played a two year old RG350DX with Edge II.... Bleugh. You do the tuning thing, where it all stabilises, and then it tunes. But then I divebombed, and it sank over a step out of tune.
The Laney Thread are big and clever. No exceptions.
Page 1 of 2