Is it worth it to get a guitar thats just a shade under a grand if it has has solid spruce top and solid rosewood back, but a rosewood ply for the sides?
70's Japan Greco SuperPower
Amps: '65 TRRI - Peavey Classic 50 4x10 - Epiphone VJ Head (Modded) - 2x12 Celestion Greenback Cab
FX: BK Tube Driver - EH Small Stone - MXR CC
Acoustics: Breedlove ADSM20 - Alveraz 5021 12-String
depends on what guitar it is.
What guitar is it?
and is there anything else that your looking at.
Also the sides are, out of top back and the sides, the least important in terms of sound
I'd be curious to know the specific model in question. Still it's damn-near unforgivable to sell a guitar for that much that doesn't have all solid wood construction.
that's a perfectly reasonable price if the guitar is well made, comfortable, and plays well. are you looking at a breedlove by chance? this sounds breedlovey to me
yeah, breedlove ad/20-SR (the rosemary one ::Smile:
70's Japan Greco SuperPower
Amps: '65 TRRI - Peavey Classic 50 4x10 - Epiphone VJ Head (Modded) - 2x12 Celestion Greenback Cab
FX: BK Tube Driver - EH Small Stone - MXR CC
Acoustics: Breedlove ADSM20 - Alveraz 5021 12-String
My daughter has a breedlove ac200 which sounds terrible. I also have a Zager Zad-80 which has a rosewood ply back and sides and a solid cedar top. The back is put together with 3 panels like a Martin D-35. I can find no ill effects from this. The Zager sounds incredible with balanced sound across the board and a booming bass. The guitar lives up to its hype.