I don't know what it could be. I've got like a two year old Ernie Ball / House of Blues pick I picked up while in Cleveland for a George Thorogood show, and whenever I tremolo pick, it emits this weird smell. Don't know how to describe it other than gross. Any help out there?
"I reject your reality and substitute my own."
What.. lol
Matthew 7:7 ""Ask and it will be given to you; seek and you will find; knock and the door will be opened to you."

Pop Punk! Check us out!: Flinch
wash your pick, buy a new one, or dont tremolo pick anymore.. unless ur near someone u hate.
dude, iv'e had that problem too! I play a lot of hardcore/deathcore and stuff and that involves a ton of tremelo and so i know what you mean. I'm pretty sure it's the pick like burning and stuff. ha, i'm not really too sure though.
Yeah, my dad says it's melting plastic. Stupid cheap pick. I'd get like one made of rock for both bass and guitar (even though I never use a pick for bass), but they're like $20. I only have $15, and I need that for dang GHIII.
Did Thorogood touch it?

Filthy, drunk, slide-wanking bastard.
Quote by Altered_Carbon
That's some bony hipster sex, which may be the best kind.
Its the smell of the plastic heating up, but its not really melting. Happens to cheap GHS/Guitar center picks I get all the time for free.
Quote by Here_is_no_why
Did Thorogood touch it?

Filthy, drunk, slide-wanking bastard.

Dude, Thorogood isn't that bad. Just because he does covers, I mean. He was my influence to play guitar when I was younger, before I knew what a Zeppelin even was.
Quote by Mr. Brawl
Yeah, my dad says it's melting plastic. Stupid cheap pick. I'd get like one made of rock for both bass and guitar (even though I never use a pick for bass), but they're like $20. I only have $15, and I need that for dang GHIII.

$20 for a little rock? Ill sell you a rock for $5 and you can chisel it into 1,000 picks.
"Good and evil lay side by side as electric love penetrates the sky"
i got a ernie ball house of blues pick TOO!!!!! i got it from california and it DOES SMELL DUDE. i thought i was the only one
I'd go with a Jazz III.

If petrucci doesn't melt them then they must be flame retardant.
Major of 7 String Legion 7 > 6

Carvin DC747
Ibanez RG2228
Schecter Avenger Custom Shop
and my baby....
Gibson Explorer Studio
Change strings, use different pick!

Problem most likely solved.
Quote by dannyniceboy
I consider myself to be really intelligent and I've gotten into a fight coz this kid thought it was nasty to put sour cream on enchiladas.

Quote by Minkaro
The fact that I went TOO high singing a Darkness song on Singstar

DARK RED TEAM
Pick faster, until you also get smoke... Then just brag about how the pick can't handle your br00tal speed!
~We Rock Out With Our Cocks Out!: UG Naked Club.~
Once in a blue moon, God reaches down from his lofty perch, points at an infant boy and proclaims, "This one shall have balls carved out of fucking granite."
Use toilet paper, and wash your hands when your done taking a dump, or quit storing your pick in the "front pocket" of your whitey-tighties.
You're anus, although roomy, and convenient, is not a good place for storage of musical equipment.

It may keep people from "inhaling" your mic though.
~We Rock Out With Our Cocks Out!: UG Naked Club.~
Once in a blue moon, God reaches down from his lofty perch, points at an infant boy and proclaims, "This one shall have balls carved out of fucking granite."