I just installed a seymour duncan humbucker in the bridge position with a push pull pot.I also have two of the original pick ups in the mid and neck position.When i installed the huimbucker according to these directions it didnt work.They are making slight humming noises but that it.one of my questions is on the volume pot the grey and green wires where do the go.I couldnt find a spot to attach them so?And ar the bottom of the pot there is a y made with the wires connecting those to ports together and then to the grey and green wires.Where do they go?Heres the schematics i used do they even work for my guitar?http://www.seymourduncan.com/support/wiring-diagrams/schematics.php?schematic=1h_2s_1v_2t_5w_pp
Slash
Support our troops
but would those two grey and green wires effect the other two pickups from working and i read that i have to switch the green and red wires is that true
Slash
Support our troops
someone from on here told me that in a post about where to get the schematics.When i attach the grey and green wires to the top of the pot where exactly do i put them becuase i have one terminal with the wires to the output and black wires from the mid and neck single coil pick ups,another terminal with a red wire to the switching board and another to the output but for the frey and green wires it doesnt show a terminal and i cant find a reasonable place to put them on the pot?
Slash
Support our troops
i soldered those to the third terminal that looks bent over in the diagram
Slash
Support our troops
im going to but the reason i didnt is because the green and grey wires confused me.So they go to the same spot that the ground is attached to from the output along with the black wires from the mid and neck pick ups.Those are all attached to the third terminal on the volume pot?
Slash
Support our troops
What? No. All the ground connections are soldered to a single point, sure. But not to the third terminal All the connetion, including the third terminal are soldered to the back of a pot casing.

Just follow the diagram. If it says solder, solder where illustrated. It can't get any harder than that.

If you don't have any room on your push pull pot, just solder all the same wires that are on that pot, to a different pot's casing. But you have to make sure that the push - pull pot is grounded somehow.
Last edited by forsaknazrael at Oct 26, 2007,