is a subgenre of death metal, with bands like cannibal corpse. what other gore metal bands are there?
It's more of a lyrical base than a sub-genre. Cannibal Corpse is technical/brutal death metal that has gore based lyrics. By those standards, you may like old Necrophagist, old Carcass, Regurgitate, Devourment, and old Death.

But if you are looking more for that style of music, try Nile, Suffocation, Morbid Angel, or Decapitated.
Get baked, study theory.

Quote by :-D
Why are you bringing Cm into this?
Personally, I think Gore Metal is retarded...but check out Skinless and any other band that ends with two s's...or dresses up as doctors on stage.
Quote by tarlkea
When I say offensive I mean offensive like dressing up as superman in a wheel chair offensive, not penis suit offensive.
Quote by severed-metal
Gore metal? Why does it have to be it's own damn genre now. We have too many as it is.

+1
Quote by Guitarislife125
chimaira is sum gud gore metal.

chimaira isn't gore metal. they never sing about mutilating people. they're more of a trash/groove/metalcore band. and i clearly already know of chimaira.
Being that gore death is my favorite genre I can recommend a few you may never heard of.

Aborted
Cattle Decapitation
Degrade
Goreality
Goregasm
Gorerotted
Mortician
Putrid Inbred
Severe Torture
Skinless

Those are some good places to start.

Cannibal Corpse goes without saying btw.
Quote by Instrumetal
It's more of a lyrical base than a sub-genre. Cannibal Corpse is technical/brutal death metal that has gore based lyrics. By those standards, you may like old Necrophagist, old Carcass, Regurgitate, Devourment, and old Death.

But if you are looking more for that style of music, try Nile, Suffocation, Morbid Angel, or Decapitated.

Uh

No.

Cephalotripsy
Abominable Putridity
Gorerotted
Septycal gorge
Gutteral Secrete
Severed Saviour
Vomit the Soul
PUTRIDITY