I'm using a LightSnake Guitar to USB cable, with an out to my Crate FXT120 amp, using the amp's built in overdrive. When I try to record onto my computer, it only picks up the amp clean channel. I can hear overdrive through the amp, but when I play back the recording, it's all clean. Am I setting it up wrong, or is my problem with something else?
Suggestions appreciated.

Thanks.
the signal needs to have the dist. added to it before recording. if your amp has an out plug that in to your snake thing. if not I think you're gonna have to use a stomp box/ effects pedal between your guitar and the snake. Either way, the signal going in to your snake has to be distorted for it to record distorted. right now its going in clean (recording clean) then out to the amp where the distortion is added.
thanks, I figured something like that would be the problem, but I wanted to make sure I wasn't just doing something stupid.
just dont use the cable between the head and cap or any cap jacks to run to your recording line
you'll cause damage...

if the amp has a headphone out you can run a wire from that but that recording cable was made to be used with just a guitar plugged into it.

best way to record your amp is by micing it but if you want to get some more options without your ctare amp you can try an interface like a Toneport.
Quote by moody07747
just dont use the cable between the head and cap or any cap jacks to run to your recording line
you'll cause damage...

if the amp has a headphone out you can run a wire from that but that recording cable was made to be used with just a guitar plugged into it.

best way to record your amp is by micing it but if you want to get some more options without your ctare amp you can try an interface like a Toneport.

thanks for the advice, i'm pretty new to recording stuff, if you can't already tell, so everything's appreciated