Page 1 of 2
Paradise Lost, Paradise Regained, and the Bible is on my reading list. Go.

People, when I put down the Bible, I forgot I put Fiction in the title. To Terll you the truth, I'm in the middle of being a Christian or not. So get over it.
Last edited by glm at Oct 25, 2007,
did you make this thread just to burn bible readers?
Ibanez Universe w/ EMG 707 > Ibanez TS9 > Boss NS2 > Peavey xxx > custom 4x12 w/ 2 veteran 30's & 2 et65's
Quote by tymoo22

All signs point to yes, but I hate to admit I thought of the bible when I saw the thread.

And Paradise Lost was so incredibly, horribly, horrendously boring, it made me want to kill things.
Gear:
Jackson Pro Series DK2 Dinky (Eerie Dess Swirl)
Ibanez XPT700 Xiphos (Chameleon Red) =D

Crate FXT65 amp with 3-way foot switch
Ibanez Weeping Demon Wah Pedal
Quote by MurderWorship
All signs point to yes, but I hate to admit I thought of the bible when I saw the thread.

Good point but still, pointless much?
The thread not your post.
Ibanez Universe w/ EMG 707 > Ibanez TS9 > Boss NS2 > Peavey xxx > custom 4x12 w/ 2 veteran 30's & 2 et65's
Quote by tymoo22

Welcome to general discussion. Pretty much any unspecialized board on any BBS will draw pointless and mundane threads.
Gear:
Jackson Pro Series DK2 Dinky (Eerie Dess Swirl)
Ibanez XPT700 Xiphos (Chameleon Red) =D

Crate FXT65 amp with 3-way foot switch
Ibanez Weeping Demon Wah Pedal
What's with all the religion bashing in the Pit tonight?
FOR AWESOME HANDWOUND PICKUPS, CONTACT CorduroyEW
BOOBS
Quote by ratmblink123
Good for you. Have a cookie.

But really... there's no cookie. And if there was, you wouldn't get one.
I would've had alot more respect for this thread if you didn't slap "Bible" onto the end. It just made the whole thing seem gimmicky and just an attempt to slap Christianity in the face. I usually love your threads, glm.
My all gold grills give her cold chills
Said she gotta coke feel cuz I'm sooo trill.
Quote by Godsmack_IV
glm, your threads suck.

My ass is filled with shit. Will you kiss it?
Quote by tymoo22

No, I didn't.
Quote by tymoo22

You have to be a fucking dumbass not to see the point.
LOl, I have a feeling this will be a long thread.........
Soon you will sit on the bench
of those who deny I have my soul
You sell a dream you create
Condemned by what you condemned before
Smooth are the words you sing down and high
Underground is your joy your laws
Quote by glm
My ass is filled with shit. Will you kiss it?

No, I didn't.

You have to be a fucking dumbass not to see the point.

Well others seem to be thinking along the same lines as I am. no?
Oh snap. Now my Christianity has just been burned. What shall I do. I'll probably just give it up cuz glm doesn't believe in the Bible.
A band of my very own:

Pyknic
Quote by CORT noob
What's with all the religion bashing in the Pit tonight?

I'm bashing any religion, I want to read the Bible like I would read any other book.
Quote by RHCP94
I would've had alot more respect for this thread if you didn't slap "Bible" onto the end. It just made the whole thing seem gimmicky and just an attempt to slap Christianity in the face. I usually love your threads, glm.

I'm not slapping Christianity in the face at all, I want to read it.
so who thinks that the Bible is nonfiction?
Quote by archerygenious
Jesus Christ since when is the Pit a ****ing courtroom...

Like melodic, black, death, symphonic, and/or avant-garde metal? Want to collaborate? Message me!
Quote by tymoo22
Well others seem to be thinking along the same lines as I am. no?

Well, you and the others are dead wrong.
Quote by me and a half
Oh snap. Now my Christianity has just been burned. What shall I do. I'll probably just give it up cuz glm doesn't believe in the Bible.

When have I said I don't believe in the Bible?
Quote by vIsIbleNoIsE

Nobody knows whether it is or isn't.
Soon you will sit on the bench
of those who deny I have my soul
You sell a dream you create
Condemned by what you condemned before
Smooth are the words you sing down and high
Underground is your joy your laws
Quote by vIsIbleNoIsE

mostly exaggerated facts and crackpot prophecies methinks but that's no reason to bash a religion's beliefs.
Quote by MedicreDemon
LOl, I have a feeling this will be a long thread.........

This guy is probably right....
I dont want to contribute to a flame war
Everybody read the top, and get back on track with the thread, which is Epic Religious books. It doesn't have to be fiction.
Quote by glm

When have I said I don't believe in the Bible?

Well, you did call it "fiction". I don't know many people who go around believing Harry Potter (work of fiction), so, you can imagine why people would get that. You probably would've gotten considerably less of these types of posts if you would've excluded it from the list, although I'm sure that someone would've posted it in an attempt to be funny anyways.
A nun tried to forcefully convert me to Christianity at the airport once...
Gear:
Epiphone Les Paul Special II
Epiphone Studio 10 amp
Line 6 PodXT - Should've got the PodXT live
Click for charity.
Quote by RHCP94
Well, you did call it "fiction". I don't know many people who go around believing Harry Potter (work of fiction), so, you can imagine why people would get that. You probably would've gotten considerably less of these types of posts if you would've excluded it from the list, although I'm sure that someone would've posted it in an attempt to be funny anyways.

Look at the top.
Quote by MurderWorship

And Paradise Lost was so incredibly, horribly, horrendously boring, it made me want to kill things.

agreed and agreed
Quote by WickedBeast666
Noooooooooooo how could this be! he at all the chocolate in the box
Oh well, now the empty shell of what used to be chocolaty goodness can contain a tasty guitar circuit.

speaking of my homemade pedal
ok sorry for the misunderstanding. Good for you for being such a reading buff, I amn't that into reading.
A band of my very own:

Pyknic
Quote by me and a half
ok sorry for the misunderstanding. Good for you for being such a reading buff, I amn't that into reading.

It's okay.
Well, the book I've ever really read that was fiction, and also religion-based, was Paradise Lost, and I didn't really enjoy it.
Quote by RHCP94
Well, the book I've ever really read that was fiction, and also religion-based, was Paradise Lost, and I didn't really enjoy it.

I heard from meh! and I think yawn that it was very epic.

Maybe you're just stupid.

<_<
>_>

Quote by glm
I heard from meh! and I think yawn that it was very epic.

Maybe you're just stupid.

<_<
>_>

Yeah, that's probably it. That's what my parents tell me.

I'm going to go cry.
Quote by glm
People, when I put down the Bible, I forgot I put Fiction in the title. To Terll you the truth, I'm in the middle of being a Christian or not. So get over it.

ohh well then that changes things. you realize that at first this just seemed like a bible bashing thread? anyways, good for you for informing yourself about religion and such.
Quote by RHCP94
Yeah, that's probably it. That's what my parents tell me.

I'm going to go cry.

I'll laugh at you.
Quote by Godsmack_IV
ohh well then that changes things. you realize that at first this just seemed like a bible bashing thread? anyways, good for you for informing yourself about religion and such.

Yeah, I was talking to my girlfriend on Myspace, and completely forgot I put fiction in the title.
Add Dante's Divine Comedy,
and don't believe anything you read in books.
Quote by hippie_cune
Stukart, you're the most awesome human being I have ever met. I love you
Quote by Godsmack_IV
mostly exaggerated facts and crackpot prophecies methinks but that's no reason to bash a religion's beliefs.

Then why did you just do it?
I play by my own rules. And I have one rule; There are no rules... but if there are, they're there to be broken. Even this one.

Confused? Good.

Quote by CrucialGutchman
Sigs are wastes of my precious screen space.

^ Irony

Quote by RevaM1ssP1ss
LET ME HUMP YOU DAMMIT
Quote by break-me-in
Then why did you just do it?

I expressed my own opinion, I didn't say that mine is correct.

edit: Also I don't make fun of people who do believe in religion and try to impose my own beliefs unto them.
Last edited by Godsmack_IV at Oct 26, 2007,
Quote by glm
Everybody read the top, and get back on track with the thread, which is Epic Religious books. It doesn't have to be fiction.

Really? It doesn't have to be fiction? As in, religious books which aren't fiction?

Anyways. Try The Legends of Olympus, or any other other book about ancient Greek non-fictious religion.
Dear God, do you actually answer prayers?

Yes, but only in a way indistinguishable from random luck or the result of your own efforts.
Quote by Godsmack_IV
I expressed my own opinion, I didn't say that mine is correct.

Most people think that their own opinion is correct, believe it or not, so I took that as read. What you did was the same as saying to someone "I think you're a dumbass. No offence." Say one or the other, but you can't have it both ways.
I play by my own rules. And I have one rule; There are no rules... but if there are, they're there to be broken. Even this one.

Confused? Good.

Quote by CrucialGutchman

^ Irony

Quote by RevaM1ssP1ss
LET ME HUMP YOU DAMMIT
Quote by break-me-in
Most people think that their own opinion is correct, believe it or not, so I took that as read. What you did was the same as saying to someone "I think you're a dumbass. No offence." Say one or the other, but you can't have it both ways.

So by not believing in someone's religion, I'm imposing that they are a dumbass?
Quote by Godsmack_IV
So by not believing in someone's religion, I'm imposing that they are a dumbass?

No I was using that as an example.

EDIT: Y'know what I don't even care any more... Have a nice life.

Confused? Good.

Quote by CrucialGutchman

^ Irony

Quote by RevaM1ssP1ss
LET ME HUMP YOU DAMMIT
Page 1 of 2