ok, so just like the title says, im getting my first guitar. but the problem is that i cant decide. i want something that i can learn on, but is still fairly high end.
so yeah, i gess ill just post a few of my faveorites and you guys can help me decide, and feel free to offer me advice and new suggestions.

ok well probley the one i want most that i actually have a chance of getting is this
http://www.guitarcenter.com/B-C--Rich-NT-Jr--V-Electric-Guitar-512686-i1320385.gc

apperently its a pretty good guitar, and it has all the features that i want. every one says its good for metal wich is what i primarily want to play. and plus it looks gr8.
ok yeah i know its a bc rich, and ive been warned about the lower end models but this one is pretty nice (i think) and ive always wanted a V.

my second choice is pretty nice, i really like it. its another V.
http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/ESP-LTD-Alexi-Laiho200-Electric-Guitar?sku=512896
it seems pretty nice, and ive been very satisfied with my ESP LTD bass, so yeah i like it.

my next choice is another bc rich.
http://www.guitarcenter.com/B-C--Rich-Warbeast-Electric-Guitar-512674-i1176325.gc

this one im pretty leery about. it has no fret inlays (no biggy i could just doodle some on with a silver sharpie) and its pretty cheap (low end im guessin).
if i were to get one of these id probley spring for the better WMD warbeast
http://www.guitarcenter.com/B-C--Rich-WMD-Warbeast-Electric-Guitar-512689-i1176233.gc
it seems pretty high end (the msrp is like 1000 sumtin)
but the lack of inlays is really bothering me

my fourth choice would be a bc rich warlock (this one to be exact)
http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/B.C.-Rich-NT-Warlock-Electric-Guitar?sku=512687
id go with this one because it seems like a nice warlock. but every one has a warlock and id still prefer a V.

and lastly, id settle for this dave mustaine V i found.
http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/Dean-Dave-Mustaine-V-VMNTX-Signature-Electric-Guitar?sku=515169
this guitar is cool and all, and it bares dave mustaines name (one of my faveorite guitarists), and its a dean, but i just like the others better... not sure why.

ok well those are my favorites, like i said feel free to discuss and give me advice or suggest new ones.
im gettin it for christmas and price isnt really any big deal (as long its not like 1000 or sumtin, 700 is about the limit). im very new to guitars, and the termonology is still confusing me a bit but i know that i want a neck through guitar, and sumtin with a whammy bar (but if i find one that i like that doesnt have either then ill settle).

and i know that im probley gonna catch some flak for having so many bc rich guitars on my list but i like the aggressive look and more importantly, im told that they have a really strong metal sound that im looking for.

also ive got some questions bout these guitars.
i know i love the way a V looks and all but since im learning im probley going to be sitting alot, anybody think that Vs are uncomfortable to play while sitting?
also, the bc rich V, its called a Jr.... Jr? wtf does that mean? is it smaller or what?

any way, thanks for your time and im looking forward to hearing from you guys, cant wait til christmas so i can start shreddin!

(oh and just for kicks this is my real favorite)
http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/Dean-Razorback-V-255-Electric-Guitar?sku=511853
... who the hell are you?!
Last edited by BlackBlitzin666 at Oct 25, 2007,
you know,

if this is your first guitar, im going to assume that you know very little, or nothing, about playing guitar ( i might be wrong,)

just to let you know a few things

for one, if you ever plan on sitting while playing, dont get a V, they are a bitch for it. for 2, i really like the B.C Rich guitars, even though they are "lower end," i just love the way they play, they aerent my favorites, but i like them a lot

what i think is that you should get a gibson les paul with a double cutaway, and be very happy
My Old Progressive Metal Band:
Acrasia
For fans of Between The Buried and Me, Dream Theater, Cynic.

My New Progressive Rock/Djent Band:
Wings Denied
For fans of Deftones, Tesseract, Periphery, Karnivool, Cynic.
Quote by H0USES0FTHEH0LY
dont get a v or a warlock both suck! get an ibanez standard body or else you are forever known a noob

:\

ive thought about an ibanez. i heard their gr8, but whats so great about a V or other aggressive body?
(im not complaining or anything, i just want to know, are reg bodies truly better or do some just find them gimmicky?)
Quote by silhouettica
you know,

if this is your first guitar, im going to assume that you know very little, or nothing, about playing guitar ( i might be wrong,)

just to let you know a few things

for one, if you ever plan on sitting while playing, dont get a V, they are a bitch for it. for 2, i really like the B.C Rich guitars, even though they are "lower end," i just love the way they play, they aerent my favorites, but i like them a lot

what i think is that you should get a gibson les paul with a double cutaway, and be very happy

yeah thats what i was afraid of with the Vs.....

and yeah i assumed some one would reccommend a les paul sooner or later, im considering one.

and yeah i have very little knowledge of guitars.
Why are you even considering a $500 guitar as your first one? Do you know how frustrating this instrument will be at first? Some people decide it's not for them. Even if you are absolutely sure about sticking with it, do yourself a favor and get a quality low-end. I play an Ibanez GSA-60. I love it so much, and it's an entry level guitar. It's great quality, not so flashy or blingy, and has good features like a 5-way selector switch and good quality materials all around. I play it fine, and it looks cool because of it's low profile look and body design. Also, don't get a V or a crazy body design for your first guitar. It's just not comfortable. You aren't going for looks or style yet. You will spend the first one or two years practicing until you get good enough to actually play some advanced music. After that, you will be a better player and appreciate the instrument more (by which time, you'll probably envy those playing with a Fender Strat or a Gibson LP).
Epiphone Les Paul Standard
Dunlop Crybaby Wah
Boss DS-1 Distortion
Boss NS-2 Noise Suppressor
Marshall JCM2000 DSL401
you gotta pick something u can learn on. and thats easy to play. ibanez, jackson, les paul are all good guitars cept the les paul thats a GREAT guitar lol. but fenders are very good do and very afordable my frist guitar was giving to me and it was a telecaster offbrand but i cant tell the difference even now it plays great. altho i dont like the look to much. so i couldnt blame you for not wanting one lol. since u dont know much id start out with a solid mounted bridge they are alot easyer to work with and change strings..just try out all kinds of guitars at the store and see what u like best but u gotta be able to sit down with it and pratice. so yea ibanez and jacksons but hell try em all see what you like theres some good lookin guitars u can get thats not such a pain to play
Quote by philipp122
Why are you even considering a $500 guitar as your first one? Do you know how frustrating this instrument will be at first? Some people decide it's not for them. Even if you are absolutely sure about sticking with it, do yourself a favor and get a quality low-end. I play an Ibanez GSA-60. I love it so much, and it's an entry level guitar. It's great quality, not so flashy or blingy, and has good features like a 5-way selector switch and good quality materials all around. I play it fine, and it looks cool because of it's low profile look and body design. Also, don't get a V or a crazy body design for your first guitar. It's just not comfortable. You aren't going for looks or style yet. You will spend the first one or two years practicing until you get good enough to actually play some advanced music. After that, you will be a better player and appreciate the instrument more (by which time, you'll probably envy those playing with a Fender Strat or a Gibson LP).

yeah thats a good point, i gess i am sorta jumping the gun with the Vs and stuff.
I reccomend this

http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/Ibanez-RE2EX1-Electric-Guitar?sku=519783

it's a bit much for a beginer guitar but it is worth it and will last you for a while.

I recommend Ibanez or Esp because they make some high quality low end guitars

Aria is also a good less known brand that makes good gibson rip offs, rondo music's website has a lot

and DO NOT get a cheap (under 200 dollars) squier or epiphone (i know from me AND my 2 friend's experience) they will not last
for your first guitar hmm...

I got a warlock and its pretty hot its not the bronze series so

I know alot of people getting fender strats as firsts but in the UK they are cheap unless it US Made.

I suggest you get an Ibanez RG370DX is a great guitar for the price in the UK its going for £270 thats about $440 very reliable and a great sound