hey, i have a question for anyone who might provide an answer to this...

ok i have D addario superlights, and i like them a lot, but i have them on a guitar with a fixed bridge(esp eclipse) and they feel amazing, as far as vibrato goes, but i also have them on my Jackson, which has a floyd rose, and the strings are significantly tighter. any reasons for this? someone have a way to make them less, tight, so i can bend, vibrato easier?

i was thinking maybe a truss rod issue? i never really dealt with truss rods, but the neck looks fine as far as being in line. any ideas would help.
Am I the only person who thought this would be a sexual thread?
i look down at my hands,
like they were mirrors.
Quote by ENIGMATIC.
Am I the only person who thought this would be a sexual thread?

No. No you're not.

I was fully expecting the TS to offer me a quickie.

Gunpowder: FUCKING ROCKS!!!
Quote by The Madcap
[witty set-up]
Gunpowder FUCKING ROCKS!!!!!

Quote by Kensai

Gunpowder you fucking rock!!

Quote by Dirge Humani
Now I can say, with sufficient certainly, that you, Gunpowder...

FUCK ROCKS!
im not tuned sharp, i just checked. and it is kinda funny, i didn't realize the irony of the "quicky"
Misleading thread title.

*leaves, disappointed*
Survivor of the St. John's Lockdown
Quote by SG thrasher

The thread-starter is a legend.
Seriously, who thinks "Shit, i'm gonna die, BRB, Ima' tell UG."?

Quote by The_Paranoia

Congratz man, you are a true, American Hero.
Go Schneiderman!

Gun Facts: Educate Yourself
what is the scale length of both the guitars? if the jackson has a longer scale then they will feel significantly tighter.
The Gear:

Custom Strat
Mesa Boogie Stiletto Ace
Fulltone OCD
Electro Harmonix Small Clone Chorus
Dunlop Crybaby Classic
MXR EVH-117 Flanger
Fulltone Soul Bender
yes, the jackson is slightly larger, so i guess, that could be it, but is there anyway to make them looser?
You could play exclusively out of tune
Play the man, Master Ridley; we shall this day light such a candle, by God's grace, in England, as I trust shall never be put out.
What gauge are they? You said they're superlights. If they're lighter than .009 I don't see how you could want them any looser.
Survivor of the St. John's Lockdown
Quote by SG thrasher

The thread-starter is a legend.
Seriously, who thinks "Shit, i'm gonna die, BRB, Ima' tell UG."?

Quote by The_Paranoia

Congratz man, you are a true, American Hero.
Go Schneiderman!

Gun Facts: Educate Yourself
I think you should owe me a quickie...
UG's Official Stuffed Toy! Because I am so cuddly wuddly

I LOVE KENSAI
perhaps, but i'd much rather play in tune, i guess i'll just have to try Extra super lights, for standard, but, man, i bought like a 30 pack of those d addarios hahaha DAMN.

I owe everyone in here a quickie, for viewing, so I'll make a list when this is done, and i'll get back to you.

also, they are .009-.052, but they arn't that loose on my jackson, which is why i would like them looser. they feel like at least 10's. but, yeah.....
Last edited by cheesehuh99 at Oct 25, 2007,
Quote by cheesehuh99
perhaps, but i'd much rather play in tune, i guess i'll just have to try Extra super lights, for standard, but, man, i bought like a 30 pack of those d addarios hahaha DAMN.

I owe everyone in here a quickie, for viewing, so I'll make a list when this is done, and i'll get back to you.

also, they are .009-.052, but they arn't that loose on my jackson, which is why i would like them looser. they feel like at least 10's. but, yeah.....

Does it appear that your neck it bowing out at the 12th fret?
Play the man, Master Ridley; we shall this day light such a candle, by God's grace, in England, as I trust shall never be put out.
I don't know what to tell you, possibly your jackson is one with 24 frets, which may or may not be more than your other guitar.
ehh, its 22, but yeah, thanks for asking, as for everyone else, thanks, but i guess i'm just gonna have to go lighter to get the desired effect.... oh well. thanks bros.
Quote by yurfinlfntsy
You could play exclusively out of tune

haha
made me laugh
i need to hear some sounds that recognize the pain in me, yeah.