Just wondering what tuning you guys all use for your music. I was just reading a thread on how a few people were telling someone else that a certain band isnt Death Metal and one of the reasons listed was the tuning wasnt low enough. I don't see how that could be because that would make Deicide, Decapitated, and old Cannibal not death metal, right? My band plays melodic death metal and the lowest we go is drop d, but we are as heavy as At the Gates and they tune down to B. And we are as sure as hell heavier than all those metalcore and emocore clones that tune to drop C.
Do you know my name?
Do you know my NUMBER?
It's not death metal can be in standard tuning. I like to play in D standard and dropped C mostly though.
FAN OF EMPEROR ?

Quote by Magero
Theres more of us it wont be long before we you over the world and you can burn all the churchs you want

I'm MAD about Black Metal. Ask me about Church Burnings.
i dont think tuning matters at all. i find it fairly convenient that you only need to tune down a half step to play some CC classics
Quote by Gunpowder
The Pit is to intelligence what a black hole is to light; it's devoid of reason and logic, and nothing can escape it's shadowy depths. Once you enter, you cannot leave.
First of all don't listen to those guys who were saying the stuff about tuning. They were idiots.

Secondly, I play in either Standard, Eb, D standard, or A# Standard, depending which guitar I use.
Get baked, study theory.

Quote by :-D
Why are you bringing Cm into this?
Quote by Instrumetal
First of all don't listen to those guys who were saying the stuff about tuning. They were idiots.

Secondly, I play in either Standard, Eb, D standard, or A# Standard, depending which guitar I use.

I know they were and I would have informed them of they're foolish inferiority but the thread was locked.
Do you know my name?
Do you know my NUMBER?
When you see an idiot make a stupid post usually you can just look at their join date haha.
FAN OF EMPEROR ?

Quote by Magero
Theres more of us it wont be long before we you over the world and you can burn all the churchs you want

I'm MAD about Black Metal. Ask me about Church Burnings.
NILE like totally tunes to A & it's super cool b/c I have a 7 string so I just drop tune the lowest string.
BONER!
If you see me in the pit, know that I'm only there because the metal forum is moving slowly.
Quote by Sn^ke

i think nebarskan is a cool guy, eh wears a nile and doesnt afraid of anything

Quote by stanleybach
Aren't you proud to wear that Nile? You don't afraid of anything man!
Low tunings doen't make a band heavier. Anchorhead isn't (always) intensely heavy, and they tune to F#. It's definately not a bad thing though.
It's GANDHI not GHANDI

Quote by lewymcgee
oh yea, stanleybach, what are u like the forum ass hole, stop tryin to ruin all the fun u dick head

Quote by webbtje
Stanleybach fucked a tree. My perversion is nothing.
I use Drop D and Drop C

haha
Call me Sean
Quote by Nilpferdkoenig
He's just trying to protect our innocence.

Yes i am
Quote by :Vicious--

Your flirting powers are incredible.

Gear:
Schecter S1 Elite Black Cherry (Soapbar Neck, Invader Bridge)
Schecter Banshee
Orange Dual Terror
Boss CE-5
Goatkeeper
Tuning doesnt mean ****. You have to learn to make dark and evil and heavy riffs, regardless of tuning. The tuning should basically be like a bonus, or something, just to touch up on the riffs. I know loads of kids that tune to like Drop A and all this crap and think that they play heavy, and I get on my acoustic and make up riffs that sound heavier and scarier then their half assed riffs on their low ass tunings.

So in short, tuning doesnt matter.
If you can think musically then you should have no problem writing something heavy in any tuning.