I don't know where else to put this.

My B string has been getting on my nerves for a long time. It just seems to override the sounds of all my other strings. I'd tune it down, but I need it at B because I play it alot.

Any suggestions?
I LOVE YOU JESUS CHRIIIIST
JESUS CHRIST I LOVE YOU
YES I DOOOO
That sounds like a pickup height problem to me.
"The future's uncertain, and The End is always near."
-Jim Morrison
Quote by SlinkyBlue
That sounds like a pickup height problem to me.

Could you go into more detail?
JESUS CHRIST I LOVE YOU
YES I DOOOO
Quote by lithium500
Could you go into more detail?

First off, do you have humbuckers or single coils?

When your pickups are set too high out of the body, it causes problems like that. I think the problem is more common with single coils that are not custom staggered.
-Jim Morrison
Quote by lithium500
It's a single coil.

Are your pickups riding really high? Its possible that the pickups are ultra sensitive to that frequency of your b string, or the body resonates with it and the pickups pick it up.
-Jim Morrison
Quote by SlinkyBlue
Are your pickups riding really high? Its possible that the pickups are ultra sensitive to that frequency of your b string, or the body resonates with it and the pickups pick it up.

I think that's it.

Any idea what I can do about it?
JESUS CHRIST I LOVE YOU
YES I DOOOO
There are screws on each side of your pickups, tightening them raises the pickup, loosening them lowers, them. Loosen them a bit and lower the pickups, the lower side (meaning the part closest to the bottom of the guitar, where you rest your knee) of the pickup should be slightly higher than the upper part.

Be real careful not to loosen them too much, or the pickup will fall into the body and you'll have to take off the pickguard and everything to fix it.
-Jim Morrison
Quote by SlinkyBlue
There are screws on each side of your pickups, tightening them raises the pickup, loosening them lowers, them. Loosen them a bit and lower the pickups, the lower side (meaning the part closest to the bottom of the guitar, where you rest your knee) of the pickup should be slightly higher than the upper part.

Be real careful not to loosen them too much, or the pickup will fall into the body and you'll have to take off the pickguard and everything to fix it.

Well the problem with that is that all three pickups parallel to the B string (The silver dots right? I don't know much about the technology of a guitar, I only know how to play it) are all completely flat.
JESUS CHRIST I LOVE YOU
YES I DOOOO
Quote by lithium500
Well the problem with that is that all three pickups parallel to the B string (The silver dots right? I don't know much about the technology of a guitar, I only know how to play it) are all completely flat.

The pickups are the things holding the silver dots, the silver dots themselves are magnets.

Mind giving me a link to a pic of your guitar? We'll fix it.
-Jim Morrison
I would, but my computer sucks . But, I'll describe something I noticed to you the best I can. I have a fender statocaster. My third pickup, the one farthest from the frets, I noticed it is leaning and is not straight like the other two. Should I lean the other two or straighten that one?
JESUS CHRIST I LOVE YOU
YES I DOOOO
Quote by lithium500
I would, but my computer sucks . But, I'll describe something I noticed to you the best I can. I have a fender statocaster. My third pickup, the one farthest from the frets, I noticed it is leaning and is not straight like the other two. Should I lean the other two or straighten that one?

Lean the other two and see how that works. But be sure to lower the whole pickup and do it, not just adjust the side.
-Jim Morrison
Quote by SlinkyBlue
Lean the other two and see how that works. But be sure to lower the whole pickup and do it, not just adjust the side.

Alright i'll do that tommorow, and report back here (it's getting late). Thanks for the help!
JESUS CHRIST I LOVE YOU
YES I DOOOO
Quote by lithium500
Alright i'll do that tommorow, and report back here (it's getting late). Thanks for the help!

Sure thing, good luck.
-Jim Morrison