this is my metal bands old demo recording i ran across. we are recording again this weekend. we dont even play this song anymore, and unfortunatly ive noticed we seemed to have gotten more unoriginal. but yeah, at the decision of my drummer and other guitarist (i wrote this song) we no longer play it. but we did record it about 8 months ago. let me knwo what you think of it please!
http://jshuffield.dmusic.com/
its the top one called band song
well, first let me tell you that my opinion when It comes to metal is worth about as much as Elton Johns opinion when it comes to being heterosexual...but I think that this is really ****in good.

Your guitarist knows his was around the fretboard and your drummer can really do some sick double bass.

even if he does get a little crazy with cymbals...nice speed with the snare as well.

Nice
you need a mixer bad. your tones are good but messy and the bass interferes with everything. it is probably because you are recording wit one mic or speaker. try recording each indavidually.
I really liked it, good metal without being too generic, shame about no vocals

What kind of stuff are you playing nowadays? I used to be in a metal band and the same thing happened with us, we wrote (imo) some really awesome original sounding metal tunes that we'd worked real hard on, but then we kinda got lazy and just started churning out mediocre unoriginal crap. It seems that it's really easy to write metal, as long as you don't mind it sounding like everything else
Guitars:
Duesenberg Starplayer TV
Fender Jaguar
Indie PRS Copy
Faith Saturn E/Acoustic
Simon & Patrick SP12
Fender Jazz Bass
Quote by iguitar
you need a mixer bad. your tones are good but messy and the bass interferes with everything. it is probably because you are recording wit one mic or speaker. try recording each indavidually.

we recorded separate. i recorded his drums (with one mic), then my guitar, then 2nd guitar. there is no bass.

and we just finished our set of 4 songs and a cover so were ready to start booking shows. we now only use the beginning of this song as an intro and have 4 completely new ones, we dont play this one anymore. its more generic but its the sound we wanted, we wanted a more heavy, evil sound and inorder to do that i kind of had to lack on the originality, but ill let oyu guys know when we record them