How good is it? It stood out to me because of the price, and it seems like a good deal. But how is it compared to the BOSS distortion's that are priced around $100. I like the cheapness of the pedal, but if it can't hold up to the pricier one's I wouldn't get it.
piece of **** unless you modify it. bypass is still **** even after modification.
Call me "Shot".

ShotRod Guitar Works

Custom Hand-wired Amplifiers and Effect Pedals.

Est. 2007

Source to everything I say about Guitars, Pedals, and Amplifiers: I make them.

UG's Best DIY PedalBoard
if you mod it, it'll have a really nice hot-rodded JCM800 sound to it, otherwise, you'll have misquito buzzing ll over your notes. Honestly, don't get it. Advice from a previous owner: get something better.
-"Sunny Jane" '04 MIM Sunburst Fender Tele. DD HB102(n)
-"Sapphire" Indie Tribal Extreme
-"Joy" Vintage 1100N Acoustic
-"Booty" Black Squier Jazz Bass
Traynor YCS50 1x12 (V30 Speaker)
Mark Bass Little Mk II
1x15 bass cab
It's that cheap for a reason. I've got a digitech grunge pedal.. same price, and it distorts a hell of a lot better. It's not anything amazing, but it works for the price.
Quote by rebelmidget
I do believe you just used Blink 182 and hard rock in the same sentence. It would seem you're rather confused.
I have a quote in my signature! And it makes fun of blink-182! I'm cool now!

[Obligatory link to my band's MySpace]
Quote by Scum_PunkRocker
if you mod it, it'll have a really nice hot-rodded JCM800 sound to it, otherwise, you'll have misquito buzzing ll over your notes. Honestly, don't get it. Advice from a previous owner: get something better.

mmmk, i'm basically retarded with electronics, so would it be hard at all to modify?
^if ur electronics retarded, u could waste $40 + $10 for modification parts.
Call me "Shot".

ShotRod Guitar Works

Est. 2007

UG's Best DIY PedalBoard
EC, I like the DS-1.
WHY IS EVERYONE IN THE PIT A FUCKING METALCORE KID
thaweeee.

but its nothing close to my taste.
Call me "Shot".

ShotRod Guitar Works

Est. 2007

UG's Best DIY PedalBoard
It's an easy pedal to mod and you can make it sound like it's worth a lot more than you bought it for.

Quote by emad
jthm_guitarist
Warned for trolling!

Quote by metal4eva_22
Didn't you say that you had a stuffed fox that you would occasionally fuck?

Quote by Axelfox
It's not a fox,it's a wolf.
If the DS-1 isn't that good, what's better? (Actually an honest question, not trying to be combative)
^a nudge over $40 though, isn't it?

Look around your school, there's almost always somone trying to get rid of a DS-1. I got mine for $10, used. Pawned it for $15 a few months later, but it's still a solid box.
Quote by ECistheBest
a ProCo Rat.

Yeah, the ProCo Rat I tried was pretty nice for a distortion. Not sure of the price though, I've never actually bothered to check it
I've heard that the Japanese DS-1's are a hell of a lot better than the newer ones. Something to do with BOSS' expansion, which in turn caused the quality of most products to go down.

Maybe I'm wrong, but I like to believe I'm right
Gonna Leave this town

Gotta leave this town

Gonna make a whole lotta money

Gonna be big yeah...
(Jimi Hendrix - Hear My Train A Comin')

flickr