I play lots of brutal death metal(Nile, Cannibal Corpse, Necrophagist, Behemoth) as well as some melodeath (Nightrage, old In Flames, Amon Amarth), and I want an amp that can cover clear, tight modern distortion tones to extreme, low-end domination distortion.

Along with that, I also play a fair amount of Classic Rock (Led Zeppelin, Hendrix, Rush, Black Sabbath), so I need some vintage tone as well.

I've narrowed down my choices to the Triple Recto, 6505, and Mark IV, but any other suggestions are welcome.

Thanks in advance.
I say a Triple Rectifier should cover you just fine.

The 6505, if what I hear is right, is voiced really darkly so all of your classic rock stuff would sound a lot darker then it should.

and the Mark IV, would be great, but since you only play Classic Rock and Metal would have those 2 extra channels you'd probably never use.
Leader of The Cult of Echoes, for those who believe 23 min. of Pink Floyd Epicness just isn't enough.

Pm Alex the Red if you're interested

I'm a member I Pignose Amps Club. PM Woodenbanman if your interested.
6505 is probobaly your best bet
or look into a roadking if its not outta your price range.
Quote by boardsofcanada
^^

<_<
~Bass'-play-er.

The #1 member of the club that isn't terribly predjudiced against emo. Get over yourselves.
PM me, or just say # x
And part of Fortysix and twos Defenders of Emo club.

" Zach_F I love you for that."
What sort of guitar do you play, I think the 6505 would be good if you've got any single coils
Quote by boardsofcanada
^^

<_<
~Bass'-play-er.

The #1 member of the club that isn't terribly predjudiced against emo. Get over yourselves.
PM me, or just say # x
And part of Fortysix and twos Defenders of Emo club.

" Zach_F I love you for that."
I wouldn't go with a standard recto (single, dual, triple). They're really limited on what they can do. They excel in balls out heavy but lack everywhere else.

The Mark series is a good choice. A roadster/roadking would be as well. The F/Express are cheaper options, not quite as ballsy but still has boogie blood in it.

The 6505 would be a good choice for the metal but I find it similar to the rectos, excelling in sheer gain, not so much when you cut them down.

I would look into a Randall V2. Amazing amp, hybrid, lot of power, great tone. It would cover everything you need for about $1,100 new.
Major of 7 String Legion 7 > 6

Carvin DC747
Ibanez RG2228
Schecter Avenger Custom Shop
and my baby....
Gibson Explorer Studio
6505 ftw. Or even a 5150 if you can find it. The Triple Rectifier's just don't have as much saturatation as 6505 imo, an saturation is a plus in any situation, especially if you want to play some Classic Rock and Death Metal with it. The Mark IV would probably be your second best bet, but idk if it could handle death metal w/o some sort of boost.
It's GANDHI not GHANDI

Quote by lewymcgee
oh yea, stanleybach, what are u like the forum ass hole, stop tryin to ruin all the fun u dick head

Quote by webbtje
Stanleybach fucked a tree. My perversion is nothing.
maybe an ENGL Fireball or Powerball?

EDIT: but IMO, i think the Triple Recto should be good
www.myspace.com/nirvana_rox_ryda_j

Quote by Ovenman
Women don't sh*t.
There's no toilet in the kitchen.

Quote by Yan Yan
!

This thread was made back when i had my old 06 account.

IMO the rec and 6505 will fail at classic rock, it will do it, but not anywhere near as good as other amps including the mark IV.

But im not so sure if the mark will get to uber high gain...ask in the mesa thread
The triple recto is a total monster. Probably perfet for your styles
\,,/_[><]_\,,/
Mark IV would be the best for those genres you state, very versatile amp. You can get tight chugs to cystalline cleans.

5150, i use one myself. Its good for tight hi-gain riffing metal but for rock, its mediocre i guess. Then again EVH uses one and he doesnt play metal.

Rectos, well i dont like rectos. The buzzy distortion and loose bottom end just turns me off, but thats just me.
Peavey 5150, LTD EX400BD, tubescreamer, and a whole lotta fingers