Hey,
This family friend of mine wants to buy me some guitar stuff.
Since I already have good guitar/pickups, great amp, stuff like that, I thought I should ask for an upgrade of the stock speakers in my amp (no name black backs), or get a weber MASS attenuator for my peavey classic 50 410 combo.
His budget is about 200 bucks, and if I were to get speakers, i'd probably get a set of weber alnico signatures (about 40 bucks a piece).
So, what is more important, getting a good attenuator or getting upgrade speakers?

Thanks in advance!
Call me Wes.
Gear:
Fender American Deluxe HSS Strat
Chicago Blues Box Roadhouse
Bad Cat Cougar 5
1957 Gibson GA-5
Ceriatone 18w TMB Combo
Hughes & Kettner Tube Factor
Various Ibanez TS9s
Weber MASS Attenuator
Speakers. I think a good pair of speakers can add the edge to an already solid rig. Plus, I just don't like attenuators.
Quote by The Real Ming
Instead of being selfish, tell the "family friend" to donate the money to a charity.

I lawled.

I have a Classic 50 in my basement right now haha. And a 30 But anyway the stock speakers suck ass, pretty much. I'm personally going for greenbacks but imo speakers should be the first to change. The amp isn't incredibly loud? Also, retube the thing. The stock tubes suck ASS, junky sovteks
Quote by The Real Ming
Instead of being selfish, tell the "family friend" to donate the money to a charity.

Lol, he does. He spends more giving to charity then his utility bills.

All right, i'll look into some speakers.
I have already changed out the tubes for JJ's, so i'm good there.
Call me Wes.
Gear:
Fender American Deluxe HSS Strat
Chicago Blues Box Roadhouse
Bad Cat Cougar 5
1957 Gibson GA-5
Ceriatone 18w TMB Combo
Hughes & Kettner Tube Factor
Various Ibanez TS9s
Weber MASS Attenuator