alrite so i have a traynor ycv40t (2x10) and my main distortion is a tonebone classic, ive sat down with this for about a total of 4 hours just fiddling with the settings to get a good hard/heavy rock tone, i guess the tones along the lines of "paperthin hymn" by anberlin? or hoobastank-esque distortion? nothing along the lines of metal or anything, does anyone have any suggestions? turn up the level on the pedal or crank my amp?? any suggestions would help, im also ggetting alot of mids regardless of if i scoop if or not...jus ttrying to cut them back a lil, any suggestions would be awesome
Guitars
Epiphone Les Paul Custom (Alpine White) (retired)
Gibson Les Paul Swamp Ash studio
Gibson Les Paul Standard Faded (Tobacco Burst)

Bass
Squier Vintage Modified Jazz
Well, your pedal and amp should be good enough.
Make sure you have plenty of mids, paperthin hymn appears to have a fair amount of mids.
Other than that, try dialing the bass to about 8 o'clock, the mids at 9 o'clock, and treble at either 10 or 8 o'clock. If it has a presence control, set that at about five.
Try that out, and see if that gets close. Remember, i'm just guessing.
With a LP, the guitar and the amp should work just fine, without the pedal.
But... I don't own your amp/pedal/guitar, so I can't tell.
Call me Wes.
Gear:
Fender American Deluxe HSS Strat
Chicago Blues Box Roadhouse
Bad Cat Cougar 5
1957 Gibson GA-5
Ceriatone 18w TMB Combo
Hughes & Kettner Tube Factor
Various Ibanez TS9s
Weber MASS Attenuator
Quote by nehe-miah
alrite so i have a traynor ycv40t (2x10) and my main distortion is a tonebone classic, ive sat down with this for about a total of 4 hours just fiddling with the settings to get a good hard/heavy rock tone, i guess the tones along the lines of "paperthin hymn" by anberlin? or hoobastank-esque distortion? nothing along the lines of metal or anything, does anyone have any suggestions? turn up the level on the pedal or crank my amp?? any suggestions would help, im also ggetting alot of mids regardless of if i scoop if or not...jus ttrying to cut them back a lil, any suggestions would be awesome

don't cut back the mids. put your master volume at like 12'oclock and your gain at like 2 or 3 o'clock. you shouldn't need a pedal I don't think. You will probabley want less gain for Anberlin, but for hard/heavy rock, I use what I suggested.
TO ALL MY KILLERS AND MY HUNDRED DOLLAR BILLERS...
...TO EMO KIDS THAT GOT TOO MANY FEELINGS
the amps distortion doesnt really do it for me, so i have low gain on the amp and just use the tonebone the rest of the way, is there another way to get a distortion with alot of note definitiom without the fuzz or hiss from usin high gain?
Guitars

Bass
Uh... turn up the gain on your amp without the pedal.
It's more in your EQ and your guitar.
With your amp and a LP, you shouldn't have a problem getting some anberlin tones.
Call me Wes.
Gear:
Fender American Deluxe HSS Strat
Chicago Blues Box Roadhouse
Bad Cat Cougar 5
1957 Gibson GA-5
Ceriatone 18w TMB Combo
Hughes & Kettner Tube Factor
Various Ibanez TS9s
Weber MASS Attenuator
Quote by darkarbiter7
Uh... turn up the gain on your amp without the pedal.
It's more in your EQ and your guitar.
With your amp and a LP, you shouldn't have a problem getting some anberlin tones.

+1, and if you want the Hoobastank tones, just crank the gain and Master Volume a little more.
TO ALL MY KILLERS AND MY HUNDRED DOLLAR BILLERS...
...TO EMO KIDS THAT GOT TOO MANY FEELINGS
this amp doesnt have a master volume
Guitars

Bass
Why scoop your mids? I think Anberlin has a bunch of mids.

Get on your YCV40's dirty channel. Engage the gain boost. Put your gain at about 1 o'clock. Turn your bass to about 12 o'clock, put your mids at about 2 o'clock, and put the treble at about 11 o'clock. Presence at around 10-11 o'clock. You'll probably need your volume at shouting levels.

If you're gettin' hum from the amp, stop playing near fluorescent lights, your computer, or any electronics. I get next to NO hum, even with a single-coil equipped Strat. It's a really quiet amp.

Also, I recommend doing shielding modifications to your guitar(s). It really improves your guitar's noise level. Gets rid of virtually all hum in humbucker guitars.
guitarnuts.com for instructions
stewmac.com for shielding tape

You probably don't need the Tonebone.
ive noticed on the clean channel, that if u add to much low or bass, it gives an ugly warble kinda sound when you palm mute...what can i do to get rid of this??
Guitars

Bass
its definitaly a step in the right direction! thnx, but im a tone freak, im never happy with what i have and im always looking for something better, so im still fiddling with the settings, but not to a point where im getting frustrated lol
Guitars

Bass
alrite so this is my set up which im actually happy with, though i feel its an odd set up, ok so i have my traynor amp and ive connected my old amp (fender FM212r) to it, but instead of going straight into the speakers from the traynor, ive gone through the input jacks which go through the EQ of the fender amp...to me it sounds great, no more bottom end warble from the traynor amp cuz most of the bottom emd if coming from the fender amp now, which i can EQ with more bass and flat mid and high...so basically i cut the bass back on the traynor amp and boost it on the fender amp to balance it out...is this a silly set up? or unpractical in a sense? cuz im getting awesome tones and versatility this way
Guitars

Bass