Well it's coming with a hard case, and I've heard that 80's squires are actualy pretty good, not only that but it's had some time to age a little, but then again he did say he doesn't play it so perhaps it hasn't aged as well as it could have....but still, all things concidered it doesn't sound like a horrible deal.
Last edited by david_highland at Oct 26, 2007,
I say don't get it, there's too little information.
But who knows, the tuners could be upgraded, the nut could be bone, the pickups could be bareknuckles, or whatever.
Call me Wes.
Gear:
Fender American Deluxe HSS Strat
Chicago Blues Box Roadhouse
Bad Cat Cougar 5
1957 Gibson GA-5
Ceriatone 18w TMB Combo
Hughes & Kettner Tube Factor
Various Ibanez TS9s
Weber MASS Attenuator
Quote by darkarbiter7
I say don't get it, there's too little information.
But who knows, the tuners could be upgraded, the nut could be bone, the pickups could be bareknuckles, or whatever.

The ad says all original, but like I said 80's squiers are supposed to be good, so it could very well have decent components.
80's squiers are around the quality of MIM fenders of today
Quote by Kutanmoogle
Now introducing Megabreth, Dave Mustaine's signature Tic-Tac!

Member of the ENGL Family

Gear:

Hamer Vector
OLP John Petrucci
ENGL Thunder 50
EHX Holy Grail
EHX Small Clone
EHX Big Muff USA
Boss DD-3
Vox V847
Korg Toneworks OD
80's squiers are made in japan, uses decent stuff.

Early 80's stuff can be extremely expensive.

Quote by KileManA7X
I remember my first erection. I went to my dad and was like "Do I have Aids???". I seriously thought there was something wrong with me.

80s Squiers are MIJ and higher quality than modern MIM Standards, they probably equal HW1s in quality.
The Laney Thread are big and clever. No exceptions.
the funny thing is that the 80's squier basses were a lot better than the american ones. i don't know about the guitars though.