i need some help developing my funk image. what i mean is, i used to play a lot of heavy metal, and now i play a lot of funk. my look is still kinda metal, something like:

non-emo chick trousers, black leather jacket, t-shirt, converse, and very very straight medium brown hair that comes down to my top ribs, and passes my shoulders in the back.

any suggestions on how i can change my appearance to suit my new musical style?
get hair cut and start wearing track apnts and no shrit at all times, also wear a beanie
Quote by AgentWiggles
Thanks, douche.

Quote by SlayingDragons
Dude...

Gear:
Ibanez SZ 520QM
Ibanez RG 450DXB
Fender Big Apple Stratocaster
Pod XT Live
Peavey XXX Half Stack
Peavey Bandit 112
and a soul of Rock n' Roll
to cobalt blue; funk does kind of have a look; i'm not quite sure but if you ever look at bootsy collins or george clinton or people, they have image

it's like rock music; leather and stiff denim was usually the standard. now i see people onstage in regular stuff like jeans and hoodies. i want to give funk a strong image people can relate to

and sean-man, that's a good picture, i think the only thing i could do to top it off is add a big neclace

but sadly i'm at school most of the time and i try to keep nipple perk-age to a minimum

^totally sig that
Use crazy shirts like hendrix, like a lot of colours, oh that isn't soo funk though
Looking for a new sig!
Break out the 'fros.
Quote by SynGates7X

you are indeed mr. awesome.

Quote by Duane_Allman
eckmann88 you sir are a god.

Quote by SavageNights
Oh, you're so damn shallow, eckmann88. They have nice boobs, don't they?

Quote by DraketheFake
good job eckman, seriously, that last one alone would give me an eternal erection!

Help
Space
Sweat pants and a white t-shirt. As for hair...Not sure, grow an afro and a headband.

Im going off what one guy in this funk band at my school used to do before they graduated. He was a flippin amazing funk/jazz bass player. I dont use the term amazing loosley.

He had the funk.
Last edited by WhereArtEsteban at Oct 31, 2007,
Quote by WhereArtEsteban
He had the funk.

What? do you mean funk as in the small ball covered in tits that squirts liquid funk off the tv show the mighty boosh? or do you mean the image? :P
Quote by RSOB Bass
Thanks Andy, you're fucking awesome.

Quote by XmydyingheartX
^___^

Quote by Andrea55
Banned because I love you!

Happily e-married to RSOB Bass
E-brother to Andrea55
E-Uncle to KitKat555
Woah,you ****ing poser,just be yourself.
MY GEAR
Ibanez SA160QM
Laney HCM10
Squier Bullet Strat
MXR Carbon Copy
Zoom Tri Metal
Modtone Flanger(mini)
EHX LPB-1
Korg Pitchblack
Timtone acoustic
get dread locks, wear baggy clothes and smile all the time (think john butler)
stop being a spineless middleschooler and dress how you want.

im sure thats what most funk guys do anyways.

(too be nice, just wear some baggier clothing with bright colors, its easy, but dont be so worried about image man, if you play funk, youll have a funk image, it doesnt matter how you dress)
It's fairly easy. Colourful shirts, sunglasses, big hair, maybe a hat or two, and either colouful drainpipes or colourful flares. Converse shoes work well, but I wear Converse and Chelsea boots, which are more mod than funk.

Basically, anything in thise video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5ZRkzsNwPHU
Quote by jxljxl
Fais wins at life

The obscenely young leader of the Laney Cult

Member of the EHX Guild
Last edited by rhcp_freak at Aug 30, 2008,
Seriously man... Image?

God the Point of music is to create your OWN image, not to ask people how to look a certain way. Dude, just do whatever you feel

I'm in a metal band and I dress like hendrix (dispite the fact that i'm white). Do you think I care? god no. Perpetuate the image YOU want, not an image that is told to you by someone else.
with the hair... uhh, wear a headband. blue or red. and some funky colored shirts and like polka dot pants and shoes or something.

the headband is really the biggest thing though. you can go from looking like a metal head to super funky with just a little sweatband looking thing.