Ok guys I have recently come to a conclusion that my line 6 spider 30 sucks the big one, so I have decided to move to bigger and better things, well I should not say bigger I have recently tryied out a laney lc15r and i was really impressed the tone was superior in comparison to the line 6, the deal i have worked out with the store manager is my used 30 watt line 6 plus 150.00 for the laney lc15r, what do you guys think, i am kind of having second thoughs reason being I almost want to save up for a 6505 half stack but at the same time, I dont feel I would ever need it because I play in my bedroom... The laney is more then loud enough with being a tube powered 15w ten inch speaker it sure does push it out so I am not worried about that I am worried that I am wasting my money or not, should i just suffer through the line 6 and wait a few more months? Im so lost... I like the amp do not know if i am getting a good deal. Or if the tone is actually good im comparison to other things, I kind of jumped into this laney thing.
Laneys are nice.
Get it, especially if you're getting a good deal on it.
Call me Wes.
Gear:
Fender American Deluxe HSS Strat
Chicago Blues Box Roadhouse
Bad Cat Cougar 5
1957 Gibson GA-5
Ceriatone 18w TMB Combo
Hughes & Kettner Tube Factor
Various Ibanez TS9s
Weber MASS Attenuator
Do you have the Spider II or III? BEcause that might make a hugh difference in the deal your getting

But, yeah, if the deal sound fine, get the laney.. They're great as a first tube amp
Guys i still need to pay off my guitar and my amp, I think I am going to hold off pay it off and then while i am doing so save up for a nice peavey 5150
Just to let you know i heard somewhere on here that the 5150's sound really brittle or something.

The laney lc15 is a nice amp also.
you're basically getting about £40 for your spider. could you get more on ebay? of course, you'd have more bother that way.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
5150's have bad cleans, but great distortion.
Save for a peavey classic or delta blues?
Call me Wes.
Gear:
Fender American Deluxe HSS Strat
Chicago Blues Box Roadhouse
Bad Cat Cougar 5
1957 Gibson GA-5
Ceriatone 18w TMB Combo
Hughes & Kettner Tube Factor
Various Ibanez TS9s
Weber MASS Attenuator
Well, It does not overly matter for cleans right now because regardless of what amp iam playing the pick up i have picks up so much low end i want to rip it out of the guitar and throw it against the wall, it ruins classic blues like mountain for example, i have come to the conclusion of having two guitars and one versitile amp htat can run nice cleans, leads, and distortion. let me know what you guys think.