Hey all I was just wondering if you could tell me what kind of amp settings bootsy had and the effects he used.
Pretty much say anything about him his technique whatever, his slap etc whatever too. I love his sound. He's amazing. Just want to find out whatever i can about how he played and wat he used etc.

Thanks
all comments welcome
sorry I can't help you, just wanted to share the appreciation, since I was little I listened to tapes of P-Funk songs my sister "stole" from the radio, I love bootsy's playing.
...And The Nominees Are
Bootsy uses a pretty standard funk tone I think, lots of lows, lots of highs. Also i'm pretty sure he uses an envelope filter and he has a signature series bass wah. I love bootsy. It's pretty crazy that hes friends with buckethead.
haha yeah i found this a while ago http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/Snarling-Dogs-Bootzilla-Bootsy-Collins-Signature-Bass-Wah-with-Fuzz-Pedal-?sku=150555&src=3SOSWXXA
i too was uberly surprised that he was best friends with buckethead.
Anyway yeah i was wondering about wat amp settings he had coz there was a thread on amp settings and it has all these famous bass players but didnt have bootsy anywhere in there
His envelope filter is sik as aids
There's an article on him in Bass Player this month....I'm sure you can find it on their site.

But he's gone back to Jazz Basses from his Space Basses. He uses a Mutron, an syb-5, a big muff and alot of other effects, he uses ampeg amps.
Quote by Demonikk
+1
I live by the method: 3 or less orange warning labels, and it's safe as a kitten

Quote by Charlatan_001
EDIT: Sammcl pretty much got it dead on.
Ahhhhhhhh, Bootsy his work with Buckethead is amazing...
Quote by SeveralSpecies
How the f*ck are you gonna get a cat to bark?

---------------------------5------8-----7-
----------------5-------------------------
------------------1-3-3-------/6----/5----
-1/3--1-1h3-------------------------------

Matt Freeman>You
Just on the Superbad album (which wasn't effects laden by any means) he had: Electro-Harmonix Big Muff (Fitzy loves), Musitronics Mu-Tron III, Digitech Whammy Pedal, Electro-Harmonix Bass Micro Synthesizer, Boss SYB-5 Bass Synthesizer, MXR Digital Delay, Pro Co Rat II and a DOD Thrash.

When he used his space bass he had 4 separate pedal boards into four separate rigs from four separate outputs.

Although that seems extreme the key points to his tone would be a passive Jazz Bass, the Mu-Tron and a bass synth.
Quote by jazz_rock_feel
When he used his space bass he had 4 separate pedal boards into four separate rigs from four separate outputs.

I feel sorry for his roadies/bass tech having to set that up every night.

Gear:
Fender Standard Jazz Bass
Artec Matrix Pedal Tuner
BBE Optostomp
Boss GEB 7
EHX NYC Big Muff
Ashdown MAG C410T-300
Torque T100BX
GAS-ing for:
Boss SYB5
Behringer Intelligate IG9
I have this article with specifics, but it's from 91, is that okay?, hehe