Hello! I have a virus got it because i copied a smiley or something similar . The "virus", when im on msn, closes all the chat windows and sends a rar file to my msn contacts ...Ive searched the web but there are only questions on this thing no awnsers. If anyone has the solution please help!

THANKS
Quote by redh0tchilip3pp
Right ok.

Start, All Programs, Accessories, System Tools, System Restore.

Hopefully you'll be able to work the rest out yourself.

+100000
Quote by Craigo
Or, quicker way;

Uninstall > reinstall MSN.

This is better than system than restore because it's hella quicker and you may not have to reinstall some things.

the virus may remain, system restore is more trustworthy
Program files > WINDOWS > System32 > Delete ANY folder that mentions "Picts" in the name.

Also Control + Alt + Delete > Processess > Stop the processess "JustCheck.exe" and "JustChed.exe"

This is with deleting MSN, redownloading it, and reinstalling it.
Quote by boreamor
Program files > WINDOWS > System32 > Delete ANY folder that mentions "Picts" in the name.

Also Control + Alt + Delete > Processess > Stop the processess "JustCheck.exe" and "JustChed.exe"

This is with deleting MSN, redownloading it, and reinstalling it.

Good method, but too prickly for when there's a easier way out
Quote by redh0tchilip3pp
Yeah del monte is right. Reinstalling MSN won't fix the problem seeing as the virus is probably tucked up somewhere in the system32 folder.

From my experience, it digs itself into the MSN folders.

I've approached it plentyful of times, unless they've changed the programming.
Quote by Craigo
From my experience, it digs itself into the MSN folders.

I've approached it plentyful of times, unless they've changed the programming.
Ah okay. I just remember a friend having the virus and then reinstallng and it didn't work.