Hey guys.. I have been looking for a new guitar and really I am looking for a guitar that will enable me to switch from the funky or rhythmic qualities of a blues... into a thick blues or rock lead tone, which guitars do you suggest? I have a budget of about £350 max.

Thanks
>>...:::ROCK GOD:::...<<
Fender Stratocatser/Telecaster (Made in Meixco) should cost you about £300 - £350. They're both awesome for blues.
I have got an old squier strat from a few years back.. would you suggest just changing the pickups and neck ??
Les Pauls i suppose could be decent for blues. they are a pretty versatile guitar.
-_- what amp do you have?
OMG!!! They're playing One!!!!!11fade to black11one11

God & Founder of UG Electronics

Electronics God of the Laney Cult

My Gear:

Ibanez RG370DX
Laney VC30-212
Dunlop Crybaby
Boss CS-3
Ibanez TS9DX
^+2
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Set up Questions? ...Q & A Thread

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A/GB&C WTLT Lists 2011
I have currently got a Marshall MG30FX... gonna be swappin for a valvetronix soon though
^ For blues I'd suggest a Blues Junior. Yes it's twice the price of the 30W Valvetronix, but it's better. That and some new pups for the Squier should do just fine.
I'm dancing in the moonlight
It's caught me in its spotlight
Dancing in the moonlight
On this long hot summer night

Martin D-28
Technically, you could play the blues on any guitar. Although my personal suggestions would be either a Stratocaster or a Les Paul, depending on the style of blues you wish to play.
blade strat or tele, if i were you. they have a pre-amp which gives you a boost- when it's disengaged, it's basically a normal strat or tele, when engaged, you have two positions for boosts which you can set to your liking... nicer than an MIM too, IMO.

but you'd be advised to put some of that money into an amp- i know you said valvetronix, but i'd personally prefer a tube amp for blues.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
I would say a les paul.
Quote by RetroGunslinger
this is like comparing a flushing toilet to a hole in the ground
Orange amps are phenomenal with the blues, even their solid state.

And yeah, a Strat or Les Paul will suit you well...it depends on how thick a sound you want.
Strat, Les Paul, Telecaster, ES-335, Archtops, Flying V's (Albert King anyone?), pretty much anything can play the blues, even better if it's something with heart and soul poured into it.

In the words of qwel, "If it ain't been in a pawn shop, then it can't play the blues... we've all been in a pawn shop"
^ Hendrix also used a V for a lil bit
[IMG]http://img398.imageshack.us/img398/9148/dawhip005jf4.jpg[/IMG]

Quote by SuperSamuraiGuy
Thanks for answering all my question ssguitar

JCM900 FOR SELL!
Strat maybe ?
"I don't want to be hostile. I don't want to be dismal.
But I don't want to rot in an apathetic existence either.
"
-Maynard

| |
If you want a somewhat expensive one, look at B.B. King's sig gibson/epi guitar

Though Strat/tele's work well too, though I think gibby's/epi's are the way to go.

Good luck with your search!