Hi ppl.

I have around $400 or £200 to spend on a new electric guitar amplifier.

I have an Epiphone Les Paul Standard and a PodXT Live and play most lead guitar.
I play Rock music.

I was wondering if you guys could give me some suggestions on what amp to buy?

I'm looking for a decent wattage (20-30w minimum) but I mostly need help on quality of sound and effectiveness for the equiptment (sp?) I've got.

Thanks is advance.
I've got a Les Paul too, couple with a Roland cube 60. They're about £180 and are very nice for the price. Also check out the Orange Rocker 30.
Gear:
Gibson Les Paul Custom
Epiphone EDS-1275
Epiphone Les Paul
Schecter C-1+
Peavey Delta Blues
List the kind of artists you play...
Quote by hendo123456789
invincibleneo - you are one of the only people in this thread that talk sense.
Quote by (insertnamehere
I've got a Les Paul too, couple with a Roland cube 60. They're about £180 and are very nice for the price. Also check out the Orange Rocker 30.

Rocker 30 won't come anywhere near the £200 budget.

Quote by MrCarrot
Laney VC15?

That's what I was thinking.
I can't speak for the Laney as I haven't tried one, but lots of people really seem to like 'em. I was going to suggest the Epiphone Valve Standard, if you can find it. $300USD 15w all tube. It's the Valve Junior's big brother. They may also go under a different name depending on where you are, but I can never remember the name. Something Benton I think.
~We Rock Out With Our Cocks Out!: UG Naked Club.~
Once in a blue moon, God reaches down from his lofty perch, points at an infant boy and proclaims, "This one shall have balls carved out of fucking granite."
^ harley benton is an austrailian company i think
[IMG]http://img398.imageshack.us/img398/9148/dawhip005jf4.jpg[/IMG]

Quote by SuperSamuraiGuy
Thanks for answering all my question ssguitar

JCM900 FOR SELL!
Atomic Reactor - you'll get the most out of your POD XTLive.
Link: http://www.atomicamps.com/products.html

Other than that I'd go with what people have said above Laney VC15 or VC30(you can find one used for bout £250).
Gear:
Gibson SG '61 RI
Fender MIJ 62RI Tele
PRS Singlecut SE
Epiphone Sheraton II
Ibanez AEG10NT
Orange Rocker 30
Blackstar HT5C
for what its worth, 200 pounds isnt $400. well, it is in terms of exchange rate. in terms of what it'll buy you, a £200 amp over here is probably a $250, maybe 300 amp over there.
my name is matt. you can call me that if you like.
Quote by (insertnamehere
Also check out the Orange Rocker 30.

Oh, how nice a world it would be, where rockers go for 200£.
all the world's indeed a stage and we are merely players
^ yea nd tworocks go for $500. man it would rain gumdrops and eveyrthing then. mmmm im hungry
[IMG]http://img398.imageshack.us/img398/9148/dawhip005jf4.jpg[/IMG]

Quote by SuperSamuraiGuy
Thanks for answering all my question ssguitar

JCM900 FOR SELL!
Quote by Gurgle!Argh!
for what its worth, 200 pounds isnt $400. well, it is in terms of exchange rate. in terms of what it'll buy you, a £200 amp over here is probably a $250, maybe 300 amp over there.

Depends on where the amps are made though; Laneys, Marshalls and Oranges etc are generally cheaper over here cos thats where they're made.
Schecter C1 Classic Left Handed
Line 6 POD HD500
Peavey Valveking 112
i think a nice laney vc15 with a decent overdrive will do the trick, but as ash and feeder use hi gain mesa amps you will have to fiddle about with the eq and overdrive to get their sound. it will do oasis and jet fine though. maybe an lc15? its generally not as good as a vc15 but it has a tad more gain for heavier stuff.