Page 1 of 2
Let's discuss which is everyone's favorite Final Fantasy. Just go ahead and voice your opinion.

I'm going with 7, great characters,, great development, enthralling story and let's face it.... Sephiroth is amazing.
Out here you've gotta know where your towel is!
I'm with the general populace on this one. VII was the first game I really enjoyed and remains my favourite game of all time.

Plus, it has the coolest character ever, see my avatar.
LAMMERGEIER
Disclaimer: Dyer's Eve can not be held responsible for the loss of time spent or the insult to your aural senses as a result of exploring this link
I'd go 7 or 12, i'll pick the obvious. 12 for the story and combat system, and 7 for the story.
Gear

1972 U.S. Squire Strat
B.C. Rich Bronze Warlock
Gibson Les Paul Studio
Marshall 120 Watt

Quote by sum_ugly_man

A trombone mouth piece, when I was 13, I was just curious ok?
7 FTW! that game is not only the greatest FF, but one of the greatest games of all time, with Lunar and Halo 3
Quote by BrianApocalypse
8 or 10.

12 and 7 also deserve an honourable mention.

But I prefer Vagrant Story over any FF.

valid point, the love story elements of each were really grasping. Plus the junction system in 8 created easy buffing if you used it right. And well 10 gave the option of being able to hit 99,999 if you worked the sphere's right.
It's good, but i wouldn't go with greatest, now Halo 3 is a diffrent story. Greatest shooter.
Gear

1972 U.S. Squire Strat
B.C. Rich Bronze Warlock
Gibson Les Paul Studio
Marshall 120 Watt

Quote by sum_ugly_man

I want to, but i havent, i think it's be re-released
Gear

1972 U.S. Squire Strat
B.C. Rich Bronze Warlock
Gibson Les Paul Studio
Marshall 120 Watt

Quote by sum_ugly_man

VII or IX

Last edited by Your Mother : Today at 03:44 PM
Quote by Guitarmike123
I have, nothing to get excited about.

That saves me the time then.
Gear

1972 U.S. Squire Strat
B.C. Rich Bronze Warlock
Gibson Les Paul Studio
Marshall 120 Watt

Quote by sum_ugly_man

Quote by ValoRhoads
valid point, the love story elements of each were really grasping. Plus the junction system in 8 created easy buffing if you used it right. And well 10 gave the option of being able to hit 99,999 if you worked the sphere's right.

10 had the very best "post-game" options for stat maxing and the like. There was so much more to do.

I was a bit dissapointed bu the lack of things to do in FF12.

FF7 and FF8 weren't so bad in terms of that.

EDIT: I never was into 9. The game was too short and the skill/level system had been done before and was too simple and obvious.

"If I equip sunglasses I can learn a new skill". Been there, done that.

That said, I did like Synthesis.
Did anyone like 12 since it wasn't turn based with random encounters? I really enjoyed it.
Quote by RHCP603
That saves me the time then.

I would say that some people like it, I found it to be below average at best.
You should try it and form your own oppinion.
I liked hunting in 12, and the combo meter, which you can get up to over 100. The hunts do offer a little extra stuff to do. There are also the summons to collect.
Gear

1972 U.S. Squire Strat
B.C. Rich Bronze Warlock
Gibson Les Paul Studio
Marshall 120 Watt

Quote by sum_ugly_man

FFVII is as overated as the entire damn halo series.

either 8 or 12 for me.
Quote by Guitarmike123
I would say that some people like it, I found it to be below average at best.
You should try it and form your own oppinion.

Yeah, i'm having less and less time to play, so i'm trying to finish 12 all the way through, so i'll have to put it on the never-ending list of games to buy and beat.
Gear

1972 U.S. Squire Strat
B.C. Rich Bronze Warlock
Gibson Les Paul Studio
Marshall 120 Watt

Quote by sum_ugly_man

I'm going with these games are so overrated but if I had to pick from like the 3 I have, it would be FF2 for the SNES.
R.I.P. M.C.A.
Tweet at me bro
lushacrous loves you
Quote by blake1221
Don't be ludicrous, lushacrous.
Quote by Gunpowder
that joke regarding your username was NOT originally posted by blake1221. That was a Gunpowder original.

I INVOKE SOPA TO SMITE YE FOR THIS FALSEHOOD.
I've only played 7. Never completed it though.
That was a great memory of first having a PSX.
My favourite is Final Fantasy VI (on SNES). VII also is great, VI was the best jRPG I've ever played.
Quote by Draken
FFVII is as overated as the entire damn halo series.

either 8 or 12 for me.

Ahhh, come on now man, that was low. Halo and 7 are overrated, but they are still good. Halo saved 2 consoles, i mean, that is noteworthy. Eight is ok
Gear

1972 U.S. Squire Strat
B.C. Rich Bronze Warlock
Gibson Les Paul Studio
Marshall 120 Watt

Quote by sum_ugly_man

Quote by RHCP603
Ahhh, come on now man, that was low. Halo and 7 are overrated, but they are still good. Halo saved 2 consoles, i mean, that is noteworthy. Eight is ok

halo was good, halo 2 and 3 are overated as is 7 i think 8 and 12 are far better.
Thinking about it, FF8 was a little easy, because you could get +2000 HP right at the start of the game by refining tents or the like, and you could play cards straight away and refine items.

I'd really like to see an insanely difficult FF game, in the style of 12 or VS, but with HUGE areas and stuff.
Quote by Draken
halo was good, halo 2 and 3 are overated as is 7 i think 8 and 12 are far better.

I'll agree 2 is overrated, it just plain blew. 3 had too much hype, but went back to the halo 1 formula. I do think 7 is overrated, but blown away by 12
Gear

1972 U.S. Squire Strat
B.C. Rich Bronze Warlock
Gibson Les Paul Studio
Marshall 120 Watt

Quote by sum_ugly_man

yeah, it's on game boy advance/ DS, haven't played that version, I have the psx version, if you like the old school style, it's worth it.
Probably VII. IV is really good too. Has anyone played the GBA ports of IV, V and VI? They're really great.
Quote by RHCP603
I'll agree 2 is overrated, it just plain blew. 3 had too much hype, but went back to the halo 1 formula. I do think 7 is overrated, but blown away by 12

true, 12 is fantastic. I'm taking a break from it atm due to essays and also i tried to fight some orb monster in the westersands and it took no damage and proceeded to rape my entire party with ease.
Very little of the old-school games being mentioned.

I loved IV and VI, wasn't as keen on V. I've still yet to play the first 3 though.

But as far as VII goes, It gets an intense amount of hype, but for good reason. I'm glad they did a movie sequel and I thought it was a good addition. Although I wasn't overly keen on the story in Dirge of Cerberus. Plus, not enough Red XIII. Square couldn't be ****ted to deal with all the modelling aspects of his fur, which is a pity, he's the coolest character.
LAMMERGEIER
Disclaimer: Dyer's Eve can not be held responsible for the loss of time spent or the insult to your aural senses as a result of exploring this link
Quote by lushacrous
I'm going with these games are so overrated but if I had to pick from like the 3 I have, it would be FF2 for the SNES.

that's actually ff4
Quote by ValoRhoads
that's actually ff4

I know, I know, the entire naming thing pisses me off.
R.I.P. M.C.A.
Tweet at me bro
lushacrous loves you
Quote by blake1221
Don't be ludicrous, lushacrous.
Quote by Gunpowder
that joke regarding your username was NOT originally posted by blake1221. That was a Gunpowder original.

I INVOKE SOPA TO SMITE YE FOR THIS FALSEHOOD.
Quote by Draken
true, 12 is fantastic. I'm taking a break from it atm due to essays and also i tried to fight some orb monster in the westersands and it took no damage and proceeded to rape my entire party with ease.

I'm still playing through, borrowing it from a friend. I'm just about to enter arcadia. Got beat by the ghost. I like the liscense board. and balthier is an absolute tank. The orbs and elementals do tend to rape everything. Even a quickening doesnt really hurt them.
Gear

1972 U.S. Squire Strat
B.C. Rich Bronze Warlock
Gibson Les Paul Studio
Marshall 120 Watt

Quote by sum_ugly_man

Page 1 of 2