Hey next week I will be ordering my set of Bare Knuckle Warpigs (to go into my ibanez, followed by a sexy ibanez Lo-Pro trem), I see there are opions for either 2 or 4 conductor wiring on the pickups

I know the 4 conductor wiring is intended for use when coil splitting pickups and I do want my instrument to be as versitile as possible but what exactly is coil splitting?? do you have it on both the neck and bridge? Im usually alright with this kinda stuff but its just one of those things ive never really understood!

thanks for help!, chris
Quote by Count Seanula
If you want to solo then solo, if he wants to solo then he should solo, if your bassist wants to solo...slap him
Coil Splitting is the act of using a switch to turn off one coil of the humbucker, to give you a more single-coil like lower output clean tone, and then you can switch back to humbucker mode. Seymour Duncan will have wiring diagrams on their website in the support section.
The Laney Thread are big and clever. No exceptions.
it just basically takes one of the two coils in the humbucker out of the circuit, to approximate a single coil, as far as I'm aware.

Which ibanez is it, by the way? are you certain the lo-pro will fit?
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Ah, right I thought it might be sumthing like that! I dont think i'll need to split the bridge but the neck, now that could be nice! with one of those lil chrome switches.

The Ibanez is an RG320FM I am pretty sure the ibanez will require routing to accomodate the actual trem unit into the front of the guitar but I have found a good tutorial on projectguitar.com of how to do this CLICK HERE I may well mark out the exact area's that need routing and just have that bit done by a pro, to be safe. If I do run into problems I have been quoted for the job but with any luck it'll go my way!.

I know sum people might think "just buy a new guitar!" but I just want to keep the one Ive got lol.. the neck is scalloped from the 9th fret, I followed this tutorial for that.. CLICK HERE after a fair bit of work its just right! I also sanded the back of the neck to get it smoother and using finishing paper turned the front of the guitar from gloss to kinda misty/mattish/silky finish which looks damn sexy, took out all the scratches to .. also whacked a kill switch on there for fun lol. I just need to get rid of the EMG81 on there atm its just naff when soloing with the band, just dont really like it! too kinda dark or scooped for me too really..

thanks for the help guys!!, chris
Quote by Count Seanula
If you want to solo then solo, if he wants to solo then he should solo, if your bassist wants to solo...slap him
Last edited by synth002 at Oct 26, 2007,
good luck
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
cheers man, I will most definaty be posting pic's when she's done lol..
Quote by Count Seanula
Quote by guitaristd
you can do push pull pots to
that's what i do

Coolies man
Quote by Count Seanula