So I will be more than likely joining the army, and love Guild guitars, and don't own an acoustic guitar, so I will be purchasing a Guild, and was just wondering about the tonal differences between CV-1 and CO-1C . Thank you mucho.
Out of those 2 I'd go with the CV-1 since its got rosewood back and sides with a spruce top. At that price range however I look at a Gibson J-45, Martin HD28, or a Taylor GS8.
What does you joining the army have anything to do with this?
Quote by acjshapiro

Quote by Vrstone87

meh, I've listened to every radiohead album and honestly don't get what everyone loves about them.....

cause you're ****ing stupid

I guess it provides a reason as to me wanting an acoustic guitar to bring with me, I kinda left out every detail ever I guess.
If you're joining the army I'd buy a cheaper guitar. Actually, I'm assuming you'd be getting shipped out. If thats not the case then disregard. I'd be very hesitant to spend $2,000 on a guitar thats might be getting shipped around a lot - air, truck, etc. It might be more intelligent to get something cheaper - Seagull, Yamaha, Takamine, etc. Also be sure to consider the climate of wherever you might be headed.
I'd move down to SC for a year, and then move to where ever I'm stationed, which would be more than likely the US, for 2 years, and then move back to MN. I just want a Guild guitar really hardcore because I think they feel and sound amazing. And it's a product I've tested, and prefer it signifigantly over cheaper acoustics enough to warrant all the extra money. I know it's probably not the most intelligent move getting one, but I would love to have it.
Hey - I'm in the Army right now, here in beautiful Iraq. Take some good advice and wait until you are home to get a Guild. If you want a guitar to travel with you then get a Yamaha, Takamine or something in that line. While you are doing Basic Training / AIT, you won't be able to play because you won't have time! wait until you get to your duty station and then utilize the internet (Musician;s Friend, Guitar Center, etc.) and order from there - they ship outside the US to APO addresses. We've probably ordered 30 guitars since I've been here!! Anyways - thanks for serving and no offense meant but I hope that I never see you here!!
... SMILE! People will wonder what you are up to...