Alright. I'm sick of my cheap patch cables going sour on me. Does anyone have a good link to a place that ships cheaply to the US and sells parts to make patch cables? Connectors, cable, etc. Good brands? Other cable-making advice?

One more thing, would a 30 watt sautering iron be enough for this application, or do you need a 100 watt, like you do for soldering ground leads to trem claws and pots? Thanks!
I've got a better suggestion..

Try not getting cheap patch cables... WOW!

Because more than likely, a un-professional attempt at it will be worse.
Quote by False_God

errrrr no. the soldering in this kind of thing is so simple. its at a level that you really ought to know just for the sake of taking care of your gear. ultimately, the quality of your cable comes down to components, so this can be cheaper, definitely.
my name is matt. you can call me that if you like.
Quote by False_God

If I had wanted to buy pre-made cables, I would have posted a thread to that effect. Thanks anyway!
Planet waves do a very good "solderless cable" kit, you literally cut the cable and screw the ends on
I built my cables from some left over coax from my cable installer and some switchcraft plugs I got off ebay for cheap. The cables are great, although the cable itself is a bit stiff. The stuff makes great pedal connectors and there is no noise or signal loss with my cables when compared to just about every other patch cable I've been able to get my hands on.