Hey guys,

i got a RG prestige 2620 and i only play it in E standard, because de-tuning, then re-tuning up to E using a Trem, double locking is not ideal.

So i want to buy a metal guitar, with no FR trem...

i want to be playing mainly pantera stuff and other heavy stuff on it.

what are good metal guitars ? im looking into ESP's maybe.

your thoughts ?..
don't you kinda need a trem for pantera? well anyway check out some schecters
Gear:
Blackstar HT-5 Half Stack
Damage control Solid Metal
Boss Flanger
Electro-Harmonix Q-Tron+
Dunlop 535Q Wah
General Guitar Gadgets ITS8 Overdrive
Marshall MS-4 Ministack

Guitars:

PRS Custom 24

Washburn D10 Quilted Bubinga
On a tight budget ??

go for Esp Ec500

or if your mint ??

go for Esp Ec1000

Awsome guitars

dude ?? have you ever had a casual coversation while having sex??

male:
" so erm .. wot do you think of bbc1 ?"
female:
" AAHHHH SH*T !!!! SH*T !!!!! "

Quote by AAAAAAAAAARGH
Sex is over-rated. I prefer Pokemon Diamond.

HAHAHA ^^^ :P

To my surprise there are mutiple posts in this thread, but no one mentioned the Washburn X50 pro yet.

Also, the hardtail ibanez models like the RG321, some SZ's and maybe if it's in your price range the RGA121 or PGM301 are worth a look.
You've read it, you can't un-read it!
Quote by crazymanbigman
On a tight budget ??

go for Esp Ec500

or if your mint ??

go for Esp Ec1000

Awsome guitars

I would have to agree
\,,/_[><]_\,,/
Alexi Gay-ho has a great ESP/LTD metal guitar - and if you choose the after burner, than damn you'll have a great time - of course its pricey.

WHAT YOU SHOULD REALLY BE LOOKING INTO are JACKSONS

They have great metal guitars.
Quote by DreamFactory
Alexi Gay-ho has a great ESP/LTD metal guitar - and if you choose the after burner, than damn you'll have a great time - of course its pricey.

Calling Alexi Laiho "Gay-ho" doesn't really help the point your trying to make, I'm not a massive Alexi fan, it just sounds really immature.

ESP (or LTD and Edwards for that matter) do make some really nice guitars though, as does Jackson.

Why don't you just go guitar hunting for a day, visiting as much shops as you can and trying out everything that even so much as catches your eye?
My price range is going to be about £500, i might evan go second hand.

I like the Look of the Sg styled ESP's..

I have already owned a jackson, it was a £250'ish one, but i still liked. I dont want to get a radical shaped one like the alex laiho ones, or the Randyrhoads...i really like the RR24, but i might get one in the future..when i can play well standing up lol.
Quote by DieKrupps
My price range is going to be about £500, i might evan go second hand.

I like the Look of the Sg styled ESP's..

I have already owned a jackson, it was a £250'ish one, but i still liked. I dont want to get a radical shaped one like the alex laiho ones, or the Randyrhoads...i really like the RR24, but i might get one in the future..when i can play well standing up lol.

Maybe to your surprise, but the off-set V shape is quite comfortable when sitting down.

Also, the ESP LTD Viper models are getting some pretty positive reviews from the 400 series and up.
Quote by Bonsaischaap
Maybe to your surprise, but the off-set V shape is quite comfortable when sitting down.

Also, the ESP LTD Viper models are getting some pretty positive reviews from the 400 series and up.

yeah those LTD models do look good for the price.. especially as i just want an average priced metal guitar. thing is its easier to downtune etc..
Quote by DreamFactory

Wow, do you do stand up funny man? Anyways, to the TS. I would suggest maybe the ESP LTD H-1000 series.
Be cool.
Gibson Les Paul studio (lite) or standard no thrills explorer Also, the Dean ML's ('79 series) are awesome, could use a pickup replacement tho.