Poll: Should we be suspended?
Poll Options
View poll results: Should we be suspended?
yes
22 17%
no
111 83%
Voters: 133.
Page 1 of 2
Hey guys, I just got back from school not too long ago (we had a half-day) and today was the day where if we were in certain clubs (honor society, chess club, bio-diversity, etc.) we had our group pictures taken to be put into the yearbook. So me and two of my friends decided that we would get our picture taken with every group, regardless of whether we were in it or not. We then proceed to do so, and on the last group, the photographer says "If there is anyone in this picture that doesn't belong to the group (national honor society at the time), then the picture won't be used in the yearbook." So instantly one of my friends leaves, then my other friend leaves, so I finally decided I would leave too. Everyone starts booing us and yelling so the principal walks out of her office. She walks up to us and says "Why are you guys leaving? Why is everyone booing?" Well me and my friend smooth-talk our way out of it and she lets us go. She looked pretty pissed though. Then, near the end of the day, we hear rumors from teachers that we were going to get suspended for doing what we did. Do you guys think we should get suspended? I mean, it was a stupid thing to do, but is it really worthy of a suspension? Thoughts?

[edit] powerchord9988 was one of "the friends."

UPDATE!!!

Yeah, no word has been said about it since then...which is good. But I'm not sure if the teachers have actually looked over all of the pictures yet so idunno if we're completely free yet.
Last edited by X~THOR~X at Oct 30, 2007,
I was quite a silly thing,
they shouldn't suspend you,
just charge you photography fee (because you blatantly wasted film/time)
long detentions...etc
i htink you should just for getting in every photo. but no becasue you were just showing u had national honor
gear
Fender highway 1 tele
v
Korg pitchblck
Zoom Uf-01
EHX Big Muff
EHX Russian Muff
Made By Mike fender blender
Mi Audio Crunch box
Malekko Ekko 616
Ibanez CS9
BYOC Flange
v
Fender 75

welsh?

FOR SALE: PEDALS
not suspended....people get suspended for punching people, tell your principle that. A week of detentions perhaps.
Quote by Guitarislife125
They need a sense of humour.

Because taking credit for something you didn't do is funny.

(Being in a group photo for the yearbook for a group you aren't in is technically taking credit for being in it.)
Survivor of the St. John's Lockdown
Quote by SG thrasher

The thread-starter is a legend.
Seriously, who thinks "Shit, i'm gonna die, BRB, Ima' tell UG."?

Quote by The_Paranoia

Congratz man, you are a true, American Hero.
Go Schneiderman!

Gun Facts: Educate Yourself
Quote by friji
i htink you should just for getting in every photo. but no becasue you were just showing u had national honor

The national honor society is for students that have all A's.
i'm sure you'll cope with the suspension...oh no days off school!! the terror
Professional Mixing available at request.

Everton FC
You did a stupid thing, but you don't deserve a suspension.
I play by my own rules. And I have one rule; There are no rules... but if there are, they're there to be broken. Even this one.

Confused? Good.

Quote by CrucialGutchman
Sigs are wastes of my precious screen space.

^ Irony

Quote by RevaM1ssP1ss
LET ME HUMP YOU DAMMIT
Quote by Footzyrama
i'm sure you'll cope with the suspension...oh no days off school!! the terror

Yeah, I'm not worried if we do, in fact, get a suspension, (me and my friends were just gonna have a band practice that day) but me mum won't like it.
Quote by joeymaxx
I was quite a silly thing,
they shouldn't suspend you,
just charge you photography fee (because you blatantly wasted film/time)
long detentions...etc

Film?

Do they not use digital cameras?
UMMMM why the heck would they suspend you? I know that feeling tho, for the next couple days you will be worried about if you'll get suspended or not, and then by the end of the day Monday nothing happens and your like well ****....that was a waste of worring
Quote by guitarcrazy1991
Film?

Do they not use digital cameras?

depends if they were ol' skool
some of the photographers around here and in manchester use cameras with film
That's pretty funny actually, shouldn't get you suspended
Quote by Schneiderman
Because taking credit for something you didn't do is funny.

(Being in a group photo for the yearbook for a group you aren't in is technically taking credit for being in it.)

I doubt they did it to feel honoured.
Haha. I think I'm gonna print out this thread and show it to my principal.

"See? The majority of the guys at UG say we shouldn't get suspended."

That'd be epic.
^ It'd be funny. But stupid as hell. Your suspension would become more likely.
I play by my own rules. And I have one rule; There are no rules... but if there are, they're there to be broken. Even this one.

Confused? Good.

Quote by CrucialGutchman
Sigs are wastes of my precious screen space.

^ Irony

Quote by RevaM1ssP1ss
LET ME HUMP YOU DAMMIT
thats pretty funny. but you shouldnt get suspended for it, i mean, you did leave when they told you to
Quote by X~THOR~X
Hey guys, I just got back from school not too long ago (we had a half-day) and today was the day where if we were in certain clubs (honor society, chess club, bio-diversity, etc.) we had our group pictures taken to be put into the yearbook. So me and two of my friends decided that we would get our picture taken with every group, regardless of whether we were in it or not. We then proceed to do so, and on the last group, the photographer says "If there is anyone in this picture that doesn't belong to the group (national honor society at the time), then the picture won't be used in the yearbook." So instantly one of my friends leaves, then my other friend leaves, so I finally decided I would leave too. Everyone starts booing us and yelling so the principal walks out of her office. She walks up to us and says "Why are you guys leaving? Why is everyone booing?" Well me and my friend smooth-talk our way out of it and she lets us go. She looked pretty pissed though. Then, near the end of the day, we hear rumors from teachers that we were going to get suspended for doing what we did. Do you guys think we should get suspended? I mean, it was a stupid thing to do, but is it really worthy of a suspension? Thoughts?

Actually, that's effin hilarious. You should have stayed in the picture.
Has nickelodeon taught you nothing? Fill the principals office with pudding in revenge!
man if you do just use the time to practice some guitar!! id pick that over school anyday. im in my last class and seriously all i wanna do is go home and jam.
Quote by skeptopotamus

We got into three pictures before we got caught.
what was funny as hell was that we were standing right by the teacher for one of the groups and he kept looking back at us like 'who are these people???'

also, we were thinkin on tryin to get in with the lunch ladies for their photo
but we got caught before we could do that
I think they should keep the pictures, and when they look at it in 20 years time they'll laugh at you and your friends

Suspension for giving ulimited joy? I think not!
...And the worms ate into his brain.
That reminds me of one time when I got thrown out of the class. After I got thrown out I went to my friends class, they had a relief teacher that day. I was with them for 2 hours in the computer class and the teacher didnt realize anything, was pretty cool.
Quote by skeptopotamus

the only reason i left is cuz some of the people in the group knew i wasnt in it and they called me out and started booing at me when the principal said the picture wasnt gonna be in the yearbook
Quote by yam
not suspended....people get suspended for punching people, tell your principle that. A week of detentions perhaps.

I completely agree. I've been suspended for forging my dad's signature, and I don't think that's fair either. I don't think anyone should be suspended ever unless they did something really REALLY crappy like light something on fire (which I've done, but wasn't caught). The only reason I was sus[ended was because they didn't think a detention, or even a week of detention, would phase me. And I don't think that's right at all. Not in any way.
Quote by Guitarislife125
I doubt they did it to feel honoured.

Awesome.

[IN PHIL WE TRUST]

Quote by Trowzaa
I only play bots. Bots never abandon me. (´・ω・`)

Quote by MurderLiar
I completely agree. I've been suspended for forging my dad's signature, and I don't think that's fair either. I don't think anyone should be suspended ever unless they did something really REALLY crappy like light something on fire (which I've done, but wasn't caught). The only reason I was sus[ended was because they didn't think a detention, or even a week of detention, would phase me. And I don't think that's right at all. Not in any way.

Except what you did is actually kind of illegal...

[IN PHIL WE TRUST]

Quote by Trowzaa

HA they should just photoshop you out of the pictures. But it certainely doesnt merit a suspension
Quote by Joshrocker48
I like you, as a fellow vocalist I like that you are here on UG and admit to not being a guitarist.
Bravo.

Quote by arsonite
GTFO non-guitarist!

Joke
Quote by Rosseta Stoned
HA they should just photoshop you out of the pictures. But it certainely doesnt merit a suspension

Haha, I was thinking that. It would be funny though for them to just blur out our faces.
Quote by X~THOR~X
Haha, I was thinking that. It would be funny though for them to just blur out our faces.

LOL, everyone would get their yearbooks and be like "WTF why is it blurry!?"

[IN PHIL WE TRUST]

Quote by Trowzaa

LMAO Hell no you shouldnt get suspended,it wasnt a bad idea x) I lol'd
Quote by Atomic_Assault
lololololol that was epic andyd93. you just made my day

PROUD EVERTONIAN
Ha, I might actually buy a yearbook this year if they put the pictures in.

Also, for the individual student photos, some of my friends all had me draw moustaches and stuff on their faces and they also made stupid faces. Haha, one of 'em looked like Hitler, the other had a stupid french 'stache and another had a goatee.
Page 1 of 2