I've got the idea from this forum that overall the spider series of line 6 amps are pretty crap partly cause their cheap by solid state standards (posh way of saying crap)

But I just came across an advert for "spider valve" ,,, which according to the add is a modeling amp with full tube :S
And I thought modelers were mostly computer chip run :S

Thoughts please think its any good?

(p.s please no spiders are crap for the sake of it please)
Gear:
Dean Razorback V 255 (explosion finish)
Jackson KX10 (amber sunburst)
Yamaha ERG121
random 50 quid acoustic
Randall RG50TC
I haven't tried it, but the valve part is made by Bogner, so on paper it should be at least alright. The influence of the Line 6 modelling technology on the tone might damage it though.
Quote by the.spine.surfs
Word on the stree is that the digital-ness has it's way with the tube warmth. Sexually.
resulting in the birth of a beautiful young new tone, or did they use a condom, hence killing the possibility for such a tone?
Quote by mr.happyman
so she took off my pants and was gonna give me dome (head). fukk yeah, free dome (head) (i'm used to hiring prostitutes).as she inched her head closer to my pen0r, she pulled her hand outta nowhere and sandpapered my mini mr.happyman!
^I've tried it, and unfortunately, they used a condom. Admittedly, it is vastly superior to the old, all-digital Spiders, but for $750, there are way better amps you can get.

Also, threadstarter, this thread has been done countless times, please take the extra 30 seconds to use the search function before you start a new thread.
Quote by which ones pink
please take the extra 30 seconds to use the search function before you start a new thread.
wow someone managed to politely tell a user to use the search button without resorting to overused memes
Quote by mr.happyman
so she took off my pants and was gonna give me dome (head). fukk yeah, free dome (head) (i'm used to hiring prostitutes).as she inched her head closer to my pen0r, she pulled her hand outta nowhere and sandpapered my mini mr.happyman!
Quote by which ones pink
^I've tried it, and unfortunately, they used a condom. Admittedly, it is vastly superior to the old, all-digital Spiders, but for $750, there are way better amps you can get.

Also, threadstarter, this thread has been done countless times, please take the extra 30 seconds to use the search function before you start a new thread.

meh
Gear:
Dean Razorback V 255 (explosion finish)
Jackson KX10 (amber sunburst)
Yamaha ERG121
random 50 quid acoustic
Randall RG50TC
I tried one more in depth today. I liked it save the effects. They lacked depth and you have limited parameters to edit. Al land all I thought it wasn't bad though. Cleans were a bit blah, but the mid gain tones had nice crunch. The twang tone is lovely for Tele blues and country. The high gain tones were pretty good as well with some tweaking. The main issue with these is the presets suck. It is an excellent amp, but you need to spend time with it to get the best out of it. So remember, 9/10 people hating any product that isn't popular probably either spent 5 minutes with it or is just saying it sucks.

Its pluses over the Flextone is you can probably crank 'em (I'll have to test this when my friend gets his) pretty hard due to the tube power amp. Where it falls shorts is effects. Its also was a bit noisy, and but it had a bit more depth to its sound then Flextones I've played. However, if you're looking into a JCM2000, I would sooner consider a used Vetta then a Spider Valve. The Vetta will be one most amazing amps you'll play.
Quote by jeowy
resulting in the birth of a beautiful young new tone, or did they use a condom, hence killing the possibility for such a tone?

I'd say they had an abortion... Or it was mugged and beat up and the baby died inside of her.

But that plain would NOT be funny.
Quote by CJRocker
So remember, 9/10 people hating any product that isn't popular probably either spent 5 minutes with it or is just saying it sucks.

and 65% of all statistics are made up. either that, or i'm a vast minority when it comes to gear i dislike.
I like analogue Solid State amps that make no effort to be "tube-like", and I'm proud of it...

...A little too proud, to be honest.
Quote by which ones pink

I don't think any of the spider valves are $750.

$699 for the 112, $799 for the head, and $829 for the 212.

However, maybe $699 is a decent amount of money to spend on it, if you're looking for a high gain, somewhat tube amp.
Peavey 5150
Mesa Mark IV
Mesa Single Rectifier (Series 1)
Fender Custom Shop Tonemaster
Roland Microcube

-Whitebox OS 1x12
-Port City OS 1x12

Digidesign Eleven RackAxe Fx Ultra
Quote by blue_strat
I haven't tried it, but the valve part is made by Bogner, so on paper it should be at least alright. The influence of the Line 6 modelling technology on the tone might damage it though.

Lol. Have you ever tried a pod pro through a nice tube amp? Just because the Spiders are bad dosen't mean all of the products from Line 6 are crappy.

Way to jump on the bandwagon.
Quote by Reincaster
I don't think any of the spider valves are $750.

$699 for the 112, $799 for the head, and $829 for the 212.

However, maybe $699 is a decent amount of money to spend on it, if you're looking for a high gain, somewhat tube amp.

Ah, the 112 is $750 at my local store. I'm in Alaska though, things are more expensive here.
Quote by which ones pink
Ah, the 112 is $750 at my local store. I'm in Alaska though, things are more expensive here.

I know the pain my friend, I live on Guam, US territory, but it costs as much as Hawaii's cost of living. I don't even have one at a store near me.
Peavey 5150
Mesa Mark IV
Mesa Single Rectifier (Series 1)
Fender Custom Shop Tonemaster
Roland Microcube

-Whitebox OS 1x12
-Port City OS 1x12

Digidesign Eleven RackAxe Fx Ultra
i bought a line 6 spider valve just last week.
the 112 40w model.

i have to say it sounds really great. ok so its NOT a mesa boogie etc but is DAMN CLOSE!!
besides if it were, mesa would be out of business :P

but seriously i think its an excellent all round amp for its price range and the sound from the valves is a huge step up from the SS spider 3s.

cranking only makes it sound better
Ibanez iceman ICT-700 white
Schecter C1 Classic (Amber)
Schecter C1 Classic (tobacco burst)

Laney VH100R head
Laney VC50 combo
Laney gs412la cab

Various Boss pedals
A lot of people on UG (read: n00bs) bash the hell out of this thing without ever trying or hearing it. It can get some pretty good tones, considering how cheap it is, and is obviously extremely versatile. The trick is to not use the crappy presets and just use your ears to set it up. Its not the best amp ever, but its not priced like the best like the best, either. Thats the point.