Ok, so I know absolutely nothing about pedals except for what they do. What would be the best distortion pedals to get (think cheap wise) for someone that plays blues, classical, rock, and metal? I want pedals that are gonna sound clean, and not just like a fuzz box.
Find a used DS-1, if you're on that tight a budget. Play with the drive and tone knobs, and you'll find more than $15 would usually get you.
Well right now I have a crappycrate gx15. I'm trying to get a better cheap amp also. So I guess it would have to be something that could work with 15wtt. And my guitar is a Jackson Dk2 Dinky Skull.
Your first priority for overdrive should be your amp, as that's where the majority of your sound is coming from. You could put the best overdrive pedal in the world in front of a 15 watt SS amp, and all you'd hear is the amp's crap tone, with a flavour of the pedal's.

How much money do you have to spend? You could also do with selling that Crate, so guess how much you'd get for that on eBay and add that to your budget.
why not just wait a while to get slightly better gear instead of just all "cheap" stuff

Quote by Black60Jack
WTF is a scale any way.

Agreed, pedals are all well and good, but in all honesty you'll get the best bang for your buck by getting a new amp. Even a Microcube would be an improvement over what you have.
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
you have a job?? take a loan and set yourself up. thats the best thing you can do for yourself. an inexpensive way to get a kickass tone is to get a power amp, good speakers, and an amp modeler. line 6 XTL rocks out. depending on how old you are and if your parents would co-sign
TS, how much could you feasibly spend on an amp at the moment?
~We Rock Out With Our Cocks Out!: UG Naked Club.~
Once in a blue moon, God reaches down from his lofty perch, points at an infant boy and proclaims, "This one shall have balls carved out of fucking granite."
Well, yeah. I have a job, but I must buy a car also. That's why I'm going for cheap. I posted asking about cheap amps. I'm only playing around in my bedroom. No performances or anything like that. But I have a multi effect pedal I borrowed and my crate cant handle the distortions on it. I don't need anything over 25watts. And I'm looking to spend less than $125 on an amp. Most likely used. I don't care as long as it works and won't set on fire when I cut it on.
For $125...

Roland Microcube. Probably best you'll get at that price, and new. I've got one, nifty little amp. Probably won't do to well with the multi-effect pedal, but it's got enough settings and models on it's own to keep you occupied. And it sounds decent for a SS.

Tube, well... you won't find a tube amp for that price, unless you go used, AND you're very lucky.

The following are what most people around here seem to like, and run $200 new, normally.
Crate Palomino V8
Peavey Royal 8
Fender Champ 600

You could get an Epiphone Valve Jr. Head used for probably under $100, but you would need to get a cab to play it through, and that would most likely run you another $100.

^

Heh, forgot the Epi's also come in a combo... Less than $200 new, but possible to find under your budget used.
Once in a blue moon, God reaches down from his lofty perch, points at an infant boy and proclaims, "This one shall have balls carved out of fucking granite."
So you're pretty much saying that if I want something good, I gotta spend more than $125.

P.S. I'll be taking up donations for a good cause. I've been struck with Empty Pocket Syndrome . . . . very serious . . .
None of those are tube, all SS, although I think I've heard some good things about the Peavey Rage here. Admittedly, I haven't tried any of those Peaveys myself.

Personally, I'd stand by my suggestion of the Microcube as far as solid state amps are concerned. If you're worried about price, there's always the chance you can talk a retailer down a little if you can find one locally. Should be able to get a new one for $125 without much of an issue. There's always used of course.

I know this is $149, but same thing applies... Might be able to talk a local retailer down to your price point for new, or possibly get it for less used. It's also all tube. Even though it's only got a volume knob, you can still get a decent variance in tone through that, in conjunction with your guitars volume and tone knobs. Also it would handle pedals much better.
^Microcube is a pretty good idea.
What's the amp you seem to be talking about in the last part of your post..?

Quote by bambamm89
http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/Epiphone-Valve-Junior-Combo-Amp?sku=480260

You mean this, are there any amps that have built in settings for tone and volume, not just volume?

Psh, whaddya need EQ for?
So if it was between the VJ combo and the microcube, which would be the best choice?
if he went for the vj, he'd really has to get a pedal though. right?
what bout an eq pedal? unless he's just content with his guitar tone controls.
You'd have to get a pedal with the VJ, for overdrive at bedroom volumes. 5w valve is loud, unless your room is expansive and soundproof you'll never crank it at home without an attenuator or something.
The Laney Thread are big and clever. No exceptions.