Hi,

There's a new song on my myspace page, www.myspace.com/handsofdespair . It's called ''Lost Forever''. I would appreciate your comments, positive or negative.

Please note that this is a one-man band, I'm doing all by myself except the drums that I programmed and the vocals ''growl''. And I'm doing all on my computer, I have no console or mixer or anything, juste a toneport ux1 to plug my guitars/bass/mic, and various softwares.

I'll critic your song too.

Thank You!

Hands Of Despair
Last edited by Max57 at Oct 26, 2007,
Well I listened to it... I liked it alot.

Makes me want to drive in my car really fast while killing an eightball.

You did perfect with that drum program, too.

8/10!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Cheers.
That was pretty sweet; the synths or whatever they were were ****ing sweet. The guitars were badass and the drums were really awesome as well. Initially when the song started I was like "oh great, another ****ty, generic ****ing metal song..." but this was pretty sweet ^_^

My recording is in an entirely different realm than this. Crit me? https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=699689

MKylman
Quote by ever dying
Nice song, but the drums kind of anoy me..
Very nice vox btw

Thanx!

Yeah I know the drums suck lol...I'm not a drummer at all so composing the drums is a very big hassle lol. (not sure of the word)
Extremely dark, a very emotional listen. The drums are fantastic sounding and the guitars are massive and very well played. Holy ****, just got to the vocals, they are EXCELLENT (would you be interested in a collab?). I couldn't keep myself from banging my head to this one. Great job!

Crit me here: https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?p=11300671#post11300671
Hey dude, I have the toneport UX2, do you use Gearbox to get that tone you use on the recording? If not, what let you get that tone? And what do you use to program drums?
Quote by Max57
Thanx!

Yeah I know the drums suck lol...I'm not a drummer at all so composing the drums is a very big hassle lol. (not sure of the word)

The drums don't suck , I just think it could have been slightly better at some points..
I'd love to see more dynamics too

What did you use for the keyboards?
Quote by insideac
Hey dude, I have the toneport UX2, do you use Gearbox to get that tone you use on the recording? If not, what let you get that tone? And what do you use to program drums?

I use guitar rig 2 , for my guitar sound. fxpansion bfd for my drums, except the bass drums I use battery 2.

Quote by istealpants
too cool man

Thx dude!

Quote by ever dying
The drums don't suck , I just think it could have been slightly better at some points..
I'd love to see more dynamics too

What did you use for the keyboards?

I used East West Quantum Leap Gold, I use 10 cellos and 18 violins(or something like that) to create a big strings sound.

Quote by bben
Extremely dark, a very emotional listen. The drums are fantastic sounding and the guitars are massive and very well played. Holy ****, just got to the vocals, they are EXCELLENT (would you be interested in a collab?). I couldn't keep myself from banging my head to this one. Great job!

Crit me here: https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?p=11300671#post11300671

Thx a lot!

I'll crit yours =P
tone/production wise:

everything is well placed and mixed well. the first thing that jumped out at me was that the bass seemed pretty weak. unless thats just the myspace streamer sucking the low end out.. (which i know it does)
guitars sounded warm and fuzzy (in a good way) good freq's throughout. drums were pretty good, but some of the cymbals sounded a bit harsh. i found the snare disappeared in spots but came thru nicely when being rolled. ( i have that problem as well when using drum machines.) everything else as a whole was mixed nicely.. everything came thru in good balance.

Musicality:

cool stuff, moody and heavy but with a warm palatable tone. i really enjoyed the lengthy intro which made you sort of impatient for the vocals. any longer would have ruined it for me. so i think it came at the perfect time

very nice overall! feel free to check the tune sin my profile and leave a comment. Thx
Grammar and spelling omitted as an exercise for the reader.
I don't have much to crit... I just wanted to say that I loved it. It had an awesome feel to it. Love the verse riffs

And you're an AWESOME singer!
Dude, very nice. This is really good. The vocals are mad heavy. Very sweet. I really like the synth parts as well. Nothing I can see really to crit...just a very good song. Keep it up, man.

And I definitely need to get a drum program like that.

I listened to your other one too. Also hot.
How the **** can you sing like that? Teach me! Teach me! That's insane!

The song is faaaantastic! I got goosebumps as soon as the vocals came in, still have it! Keep it up! Pure power! Man, your growl is top notch!

If you want, check me out here : Track 7

Hey, I am a one man band too. You want to put some growl on my track?!
Last edited by Antipolitik at Oct 31, 2007,
Thanx for all the comments! I really appreciate!

But I would like to say that it is not me who is singing on the songs haha =P

I'll crit the songs of people who asked tonight or tomorrow.