I have plugged into an amp which is plugged into my soundcard line in. I can hear my self but I can't record. I hit record but it doesn't register anything. What wrong??
Quote by hendo123456789
invincibleneo - you are one of the only people in this thread that talk sense.
go to options or whatever in the program you are using and change the input to line in or something
im using audacity...and I for selecting input i only got my sonudcard to select. What do I do?
Quote by hendo123456789
Have you armed the track? You need to press the "R" button on the track to which you're recording.
its not even recording on windows sound recorder. Please I have to send my song for UG Acoustic Tournament. Please help me.
Quote by hendo123456789
could be your sound card in not compatable with most recording programs.

how about getting a nice new interface?

for audacity be sure to go under the prefs. (Control + P) and under the "Audio I/O" tab, set your input and outputs. Also set it for 2 channels..(stereo) and check the first box only, "play other tracks while recording new one".
I solved the problem....incidentally theres some stupid option I checked at the soundcard settings and it started working. I have no idea what that option means but it just worked out by complete chance. "Enable Recording Multi-streaming"
Quote by hendo123456789
There's always a stupid option.

My soundcard has a noise removal option, a bad compressor, a bad reverb generator and a bass boost.

Because there's only a limited number of sound problem settings in any one recording program, usually it'll be the soundcard.