Could someone please tell me which wah Jimmy page used? I have searched all over but cannot find it anywhere. Everyone just seems to acknowledge he played with a wah but no-one knows whose it is.
Quote by marsvoltaguy
i say both. you always have the option to not use the pedal at all but it will still be there like that obsessed chick you took to homecoming and never called again, sitting there waiting for your call. so yea both
it was an early vox, that's the reason i bought a vox wah, imo the best option for a wah of that price.
its a vox grey wah...weird honky mid-accenting wah...a v847/848 should get you there

Whodicted

Quote by stevo_epi_SG_wo
france is laaaaame

Recognized by the Official EG/GG&A Who To Listen To List 2009
^That's not a wah....

Like already mentioned, he used a Vox Grey Wah. Doubt you'll find one today, you could build a clone though. It's really not anything special, it was quite thin sounding without much wah. When you ran it into a fuzz pedal (like the MKII Page used) it seemed to sound much better, which is probably why he used it. One of the few wahs that did well with fuzz without an output buffer. He occasionally had a Crybaby in the 70's, it was a Thomas Organ though.
I think it's some sort of treble booster, I think he did use one at one point... does look alot like a wah though
^ , I think it is the overdrive/boost Jimmy used. Was it a colorsound Tonebender?

Quote by Whole Lotta Led
^That's not a wah....

Like already mentioned, he used a Vox Grey Wah. Doubt you'll find one today, you could build a clone though. It's really not anything special, it was quite thin sounding without much wah. When you ran it into a fuzz pedal (like the MKII Page used) it seemed to sound much better, which is probably why he used it. One of the few wahs that did well with fuzz without an output buffer. He occasionally had a Crybaby in the 70's, it was a Thomas Organ though.

Yup, the sound you describe is similar to my V848. As a wah it's very trebley and sharp and not as usable overall. However it takes heavier stuff pretty well, the treble seems to help with that.
High Cardinal of Zeppelinism PM TheHeartbreaker to join and
"Co-Founder (and Yoda) of the Star Wars Universe. PM me or SethMegadefan to join.

' " The last enemy that shall be destroyed is death"...'-p.269-Deathly Hallows
^Woah I gots to get me one of thems Univox pedals...
"Co-Founder (and Yoda) of the Star Wars Universe. PM me or SethMegadefan to join.

Lol don't feel too bad Whole Lotta Led is one of the most Zeptelligent users on here, yes I made up that word.

When I create my own dictionary Whole Lotta Led's name will be located under the word "Zeptelligent"
Quote by bradulator
Clitoris?

Quote by HeyItsChenny
i smoked weed for the first time last night... it was awesome.

end of story.
^

Quote by zeppelinpage4
Lol don't feel too bad Whole Lotta Led is one of the most Zeptelligent users on here, yes I made up that word.

Aww you got me blushing now

But yeah don't feel too don't feel bad... I seen that ad a while ago somewhere and searched a few Zep sites to confirm it. It was rarely used. My guess is he experimented with it instead of leaving the wah toe down.

Last edited by Whole Lotta Led at Oct 26, 2007,
I'm gonna try to find some sound clips so I can confirm its cello-like character.
Quote by bradulator
Clitoris?

Quote by HeyItsChenny
i smoked weed for the first time last night... it was awesome.

end of story.
Has anyone else noticed that on a bunch of sites and stuff where his gear is listed they call it a Vox Crybaby wah?

Yeah, around the time the wahs were starting to hit the markets, two distrubtors for Vox, Thomas Organ in the US and JMI in Europe wanted to sell the wah wah but both companies didn't want to have the same pedal or somethong. So someone came up with the name Crybaby (take a guess why.. ) and Thomas Organ put it on their wahs. So it's not uncommon to see it labeled as a Vox Crybaby.
Woah I never knew that interesting story.