Until the needle broke recently I was enjoying some classic grant green on my old lp player. what do u guys think of the vinyl format ? i love the format. it seems to have a bit of extra warmth and dynamics that cds dont have, though I think the dynamics is because modern music is so over compressed by record labels. and mastered to loud. i mean listen to RHCP californication.
also does anyone know anything about the lifespan of vinyl records ? ive read stuff about brushing them down once done with them, and they damage easily. is there any point getting new music on vinyl if im only going to get a few listens from it ?
I have a record player and my needle broke 2 days ago . I love vinyl, especially the ones that open up like The Wall. You seem to get much more with the vinyl, they feel more satisfying.
Vinyl is great. they take out alot of high frequency, making the sound more warm and comfortable (also otherwise the curves would go too deep I believe, making the record extremely fragile) than CD's. Ofcourse I love cd's also, very practical size, and still looks good, opposed to MP3, which is practical in size (having basically none) but has no looks, and sounds like shiete.
Quote by hippie_cune
Stukart, you're the most awesome human being I have ever met. I love you
I love vinyl. I have a little over 200 records and I don't even bother to buy very many CD's anymore, all my favorite music is on vinyl anyways.
Quote by ToffeeandApples
You my friend, put the pwn in pwnt.

Hell Yeah
I love vinyl. I need to get a turntable for my room, cuz I never have time to listen to my pies by myself.
If you could blow up the world with a flick of a switch,
Would you do it?

If you could make everybody poor just so you could be rich,
Would you do it?

With all your power,
What would you do?
Yeh get the nice big artwork of the vinyl package too...totally different experience than an MP3
---

Brad Magik
i ouve vinyl.the sound is so unique
ಠ_ಠ
<|>
/ω\

Tell me what nation on this earth, was not born of tragedy-Primordial
I have vinyls from 30 - 40 years ago. They look brand new. Wipe them with a lint-free cloth after use.
Why are we so wicked indecisive
Let's hit the streets with toy explosives
And let's enjoy what we have
vinyl is the most beautiful format.

plus they can last a long time if you take care of them.
Vinyl is proven to be of better quality then CD's... so that's a bonus there.
Personally, I just get a cool vibe from playing vinyl. As for the life of vinyl, it all depends on how you treat it. Never touch anything but the edges. Always set them down evenly. Don't get finger prints on them. Use common sense. If they are getting real dusty, you can *gently* wipe them off, but be really careful. Assuming you do all this correctly, vinyl can last years and years and years. I still listen to Thriller by MJ and that copy is at least... 20 years old. Sounds pretty good still, and it's got smudges all over the place.

"THRRRILLLLLLLLER!"
Main Gear:
Cort G-Series 254
Takamine EG345C 12-String
Fender Squier P-Bass

Peavey Classic 50
Laney HCM65B

$75 Junk Drums w/ B8 Hats/Crash/Ride