If it was an Editor's Pick Award-Winner in a Guitar Player magazine, and a One Award winner in Guitar One magazine, with features like these:

# Mahogany body
# Flamed maple top
# Seymour Duncan JB bridge humbucker
# Alnico neck humbucker
# 2 volume knobs and one tone knob
# Set nato neck
# Rosewood fretboard
# Abalone dot inlays
# String-thru-body bridge
# Grover tuners
# Chrome hardware

For $600+, would you get it?

Feels amazing on my hands, and very easy to bend, too.

The bridge PU is bright and good for solo tones, while the neck PU is good for rhythm or clean tones.
Quote by splat102
If it was an Editor's Pick Award-Winner in a Guitar Player magazine, and a One Award winner in Guitar One magazine, with features like these:

# Mahogany body
# Flamed maple top
# Seymour Duncan JB bridge humbucker
# Alnico neck humbucker
# 2 volume knobs and one tone knob
# Set nato neck
# Rosewood fretboard
# Abalone dot inlays
# String-thru-body bridge
# Grover tuners
# Chrome hardware

For $600+, would you get it?

Feels amazing on my hands, and very easy to bend, too.

The bridge PU is bright and good for solo tones, while the neck PU is good for rhythm or clean tones.

That sounds like a BC Rich, although they mainly use Rockfield pickups.
You've read it, you can't un-read it!
Last edited by Bonsaischaap at Oct 26, 2007,
yeah those are sick. i have yet to play one but i have heard VERY good things
Brand does matter in terms of quality control, but if you like the guitar and have played the one you are going to get, and it works fine, then yes i would buy this.
Quote by Links 2 3 4
if it's a LP shape, then yes.

Is it the EC-1000?

don't insult ESP... Nato neck?

besides, i don't think they make string thru EC's
Member of the "Marty Friedman > You" Club. PM apocalypse13 or altronataku to join

Gear:

ESP LTD DV8-R
Squier SG (Specs Unknown)
Kustom KGA-10 Ten watt practice amp
Marshall TSL 602

My JEM Build
Quote by splat102
I don't want it to be biased, so I'm not saying the brand. Les Paul shape, btw.

Well you cant be like that. The brand tells a lot about the guitar. Example, Les Paul has a lot more credit than say First Act guitars.
http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/Yamaha-AES620-Electric-Guitar?sku=518191&CJAID=10381297&CJPID=2179950

Ha!

Try out smarting me, eh?

To answer your question they look very nice.

The specs are great; nice bridge pickup and some cool cosmetic details. On top of that the company has a reputation for making quality guitars with excellent value for money.

On thing though, posting the company name is actually quite a good idea. Like someone said before, every company has a different quality control and other standards. Almost any guitar can be made to look good on paper, but that not everything.
Last edited by Bonsaischaap at Oct 26, 2007,
Quote by Bonsaischaap
http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/Yamaha-AES620-Electric-Guitar?sku=518191&CJAID=10381297&CJPID=2179950

Ha!

Try out smarting me, eh?

The specs are great; nice bridge pickup and some cool cosmetic details. On top of that the company has a reputation for making quality guitars with excellent value for money.

hahah thanks, it was driving me crazy trying to figure out what guitar this was
Quote by Bonsaischaap

Haha well done lol
but to the TS if you like it, get it (I would also advise trying it)
and especially ignore anyone if they start slagging it off for being a yamaha.
But yeah it seems really good for the price
hahahaha. the only difference is the price, I wonder where he found it for 600..
Quote by RetroGunslinger
this is like comparing a flushing toilet to a hole in the ground
Quote by fifer
hahahaha. the only difference is the price, I wonder where he found it for 600..

Probably in his own country.
Quote by Bonsaischaap

Ha!

Try out smarting me, eh?

lol good hunting and yeah seems very nice, but alot of people wouldnt get it because they want a more show off name like Ibanez, Fender, Gibson. But it sounds just as good as any of those makes but at a cheaper price
Manchester United
Quote by seek_&_destroy
don't insult ESP... Nato neck?

besides, i don't think they make string thru EC's

OH my bad... it was just a guess.. since it was under 1k, i knew it wasn't a gibson, and I know it wouldnt be an Epi, so EC-1000 came to mind
Quote by ECwomantoneman
Nato...is that not some military alliance of the UK and the US and stuff?

http://www.nato.int/

Have some international relations,
Why would anyone put down a Yamaha? The company has been making guitars forever, including some highly sought-after player's pieces and collectables. Anybody for a Yamaha SG 2000?
I'd get it, strip the finish and alter that cutaway a lot. I'd also like to know how far into the body those string-through ferrules extend, because I would really love to get some more traditional looking ones on it.
Quote by uldhppi
Why would anyone put down a Yamaha? The company has been making guitars forever, including some highly sought-after player's pieces and collectables. Anybody for a Yamaha SG 2000?

Exactly. and Yamaha builds stuff to last. There Korean and non Japan guitars are all very good in my experience. I would buy a Yamaha in a heart beat, as I know they make long lasting, quality stuff, they care about their customers, and they stand by what they sell. And I've owned several Yamaha products (keyboard, saxophone among other things) and would not hesitate to own another.

TS, a shop here has one and I really like it. Seemed extremely well made and finished. Had a nice, deep, crunchy tone to it, and a smooth playing neck. The tops look really nice in person. The tuners seemed super sturdy as well. They are light, and have a thin body, but don't head dive at all. I would have one long before anything by Epiphone for sure.
Haha thanks for the comments. . Anyways, would the guitar be pricier of it was another brand, say, Ibanez.
That guitar is black, pause not.
"The future's uncertain, and The End is always near."
-Jim Morrison