this is probly a noob question cause ive seen this happen to a lot of cheeper guitars, but i just never learned how to fix this. anyways, i was playing my bass the other day and every once in a while the sound from the amp would stop and id have to jiggle the cord and it would start working again. after that happened a couple times the nut that goes around that came out. i opened it up and screwed that back in but it keeps coming loose again and even when it does stay i cant get it to work with the amp, so what exactly am i doing wrong?
Might just need to get it professionally fixed. I would if I were you because that happened to my Washburn V a few weeks ago and before long the entire thing just caved in on itself, so get it repaired at a guitar store asap (at least have them look at it)
your soldering point on the jack is loose or maybe completely broken by now. what you need to do is unscrew the jack look for the soldering point on the jack and the wire and re-solder. you'd need a soldering iron for this. once you get the jack out you'll see that it's an easy fix. an other thing that it could be is that the jack itself has become to wide. for this you have to take the jack out and press the metal parts together so that when you plug the cable in, it is touching the metal on both sides to make the connection. hopefully thats not too confusing
i actually just got it so if it is anything serious im just gonna get the store to replace it, but i think ive seen the saem problem with a lot of peoples guitars and i think they fixed it on their own pretty easily
Quote by sowhat360
your soldering point on the jack is loose or maybe completely broken by now. what you need to do is unscrew the jack look for the soldering point on the jack and the wire and re-solder. you'd need a soldering iron for this. once you get the jack out you'll see that it's an easy fix. an other thing that it could be is that the jack itself has become to wide. for this you have to take the jack out and press the metal parts together so that when you plug the cable in, it is touching the metal on both sides to make the connection. hopefully thats not too confusing

+1

That's your problem.
Flap it and enjoy yourself...

Xbox Live GT = The Donkey Fly
'...and those who fought on that day of honor, the day of victory shall be forever remembered as Lime Green' - Oct 31st 08
ok then thanks, i guess ill get that checked out. im assuming thats not gonna be any major expense to get fixed tho, right?