Hey all, I play mostly classic rock and upon occasion more heavy rock, but never into metal territory. I'm looking at picking up a new guitar, i currently have an American Strat HSS and was looking at getting a "true" single coil or humbucker guitar ( I will get both eventually). I love my guitar, but at the same time i feel like i'm missing out. Anyways here are a couple options i was thinking of, i was hoping i could get some feedback on if you guys think they would sound good, or if there are better options out there for me, thanks a lot! Also, my price range is probably ~$1000 USD and under, i don't have an issue buying used which is why i included the american vintage on the list.

1. Fender Standard Strat and replace pups with a set of Seymour Duncan SSL-4 Quarter Pound

2. Fender American Vintage 62' Strat

3. Ibanez Sz520 or 720 and replace pups with a set of SD SH-PG1 Pearly Gates
Fender 60th Anniversary American Strat HSS

Ibanez Sz720 w/ Seymour Duncan '59's

Fender Blues Jr.

Roger Mayer Axis Fuzz

Maxon Od-9

Vox Wah
Do you have anything against les pauls? You might be able to find an Epiphone elitist if you're lucky. Used you should be able to get one within your budget. They're said to be very good guitars.
Gear:
Gibson Les Paul Custom
Epiphone EDS-1275
Epiphone Les Paul
Schecter C-1+
Peavey Delta Blues
personally, i wouldn't go with duncans. you're just gonna sound like everyone else
are you selling your current guitar? assuming not, just get a new SSS pickguard, surely?
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
I used a fender blues jr. currently and i love it. I was thinking of a tiny terror at some point down the road. I have tried out the standard strats and the ibanez and I liked them, but i would like to replace the pickups just to try something new, i guess is the best way to put it. What other good brands are out there for pickups that offer nice classic - heavyish rock tones?
Fender 60th Anniversary American Strat HSS

Ibanez Sz720 w/ Seymour Duncan '59's

Fender Blues Jr.

Roger Mayer Axis Fuzz

Maxon Od-9

Vox Wah
Why don't you just buy a single coiled bridge pickup and then buy a guitar with humbuckers?
Recognized by the Official EG/GG&A Who To Listen To List 2008
Quote by utsapp89
^I'd let a pro look at it. Once you get into the technicalities of screws...well, it's just a place you don't want to be, friend.
Quote by (insertnamehere
Do you have anything against les pauls? You might be able to find an Epiphone elitist if you're lucky. Used you should be able to get one within your budget. They're said to be very good guitars.

I think a Les Paul would be suited very well for what you're looking for [like mentioned above]. I think they're are few Gibson Les Pauls that are around your price range.
Just an idea...if you have an HSS strat, why not pick up a reissue '72 Tele? (Neck 'bucker, bridge single coil) Then, you'd have both neck and bridge single coils and buckers, considering your whole rig.

Dang, I'm smart.
Quote by FacingUsAll
Why don't you just buy a single coiled bridge pickup and then buy a guitar with humbuckers?

yeah, that's what i said...
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?