Hey I was thinking of getting a Roland Cube 15w instead of the Spider III 15w, but I want to know what i can cover? Can it cover like blues and such but also more rock type stuff, like whats the general feel of the amp?
Whats wrong with the 15w? And whats the blues tone on a Roland like compared to on a 15w Spider?
The 15w is probably okay, (I've only tried the micro and 30W) but 20X looks like it's much better in the way that it's more versitile with more options. My drummer has the 30w. it's really good.
The 15 watt Cube doesn't have the amp modeling nor the effects that make the Cube series good.

AKA Don't get a Cube 15 ever (I know because I have one ).

Get a Microcube.

The Cubes have a good high gain modeler and a pretty decent clean modeler.

The Vox Valvetronixes have somewhat better blues-ish rock-ish models.

Try 'em both.
Recognized by the Official EG/GG&A Who To Listen To List 2008
Quote by utsapp89
^I'd let a pro look at it. Once you get into the technicalities of screws...well, it's just a place you don't want to be, friend.
i thought the 15 had pretty much the same effects as the micro cube?

anyways id say its probably better to get a 20 or 30 watt, you get better amp modelling on them and you can always use it for small gigs. Good thing is the power squeezer so you can turn it down a lot for bedroom practice.
I <3 my Washburn Idol
^Nope. I'm not really quite sure of the 20x has the same ones either. They aren't named the same, at least.

Microcube

15x

20x

30x
Quote by utsapp89
^I'd let a pro look at it. Once you get into the technicalities of screws...well, it's just a place you don't want to be, friend.
If you're just playing blues... go for an Epiphone Valve Junior .

Sweet tube tone.
Quote by utsapp89
Combo would be cheaper, but the head and cab sound better.
Quote by utsapp89
If you want to spend a little more on the Epi Head, you could send a message to Kerry (call1800ksmyass is his username I believe) on these forums.

He mods Epi Valve Juniors and makes them do fun things.

Quote by utsapp89
Last edited by FacingUsAll at Oct 26, 2007,