you know what i mean? how do you do that?
Quote by Jack Off Jill
Better than hooked on crack, I suppose. I'd rather know my kids are safe at home beating their meat than out in the world robbing old women for their crack fix.

Quote by *sigh*
What a huge coincidence. I have a butthole also.
no i dont know what you mean
Professional Mixing available at request.

Everton FC
you mean how do you carve the top?
I'm a dude, he's a dude, she's a dude, we're all dudes HEY!
it's called a carved top, and i'd assume routing it out or pressing it with LOTS of pressure would do it.....but i don't think it's an easy task
Gear:
Jackson DKMG Dinky (EMG 81/85)
Ibanez GIO (i put a Dimbucker in the bridge)
Crate GT65 (65 watts) to be upgraded soon, suggestions welcome (must be tubed)
Floor Pod (for sale)
Quote by ChaoticVengence
it's called a carved top, and i'd assume routing it out or pressing it with LOTS of pressure would do it.....but i don't think it's an easy task

It's fairly easy actually, the body's flat and the 'cap' is simply chiselled and sanded into shape
ohai little sig.
like they are slightly taller in the middle you know...and then they are slightly shorter around the edges as it gradually changes
Quote by Jack Off Jill
Better than hooked on crack, I suppose. I'd rather know my kids are safe at home beating their meat than out in the world robbing old women for their crack fix.

Quote by *sigh*
use a gouging tool then use a plane then sand to finish
Sincerely,
Shitstirrer
thanks guys
Quote by Jack Off Jill

Quote by *sigh*
There are many ways to do a carved top. i.e, Ibex finger plane and sand paper, or (my favorite) an angle grinder flap disk.
Current Gear
Ibanez RG1570 - Going bye bye
Jackson DK2 - Eventually will be replaced with Maton Mastersound
Peavey valveking 212
Various EHX and Boss effects
It adds mass to th guitar around the neck and bridge without making the body so thick that you can't easily get to the strings. Guitars that are built thick and heavy waist less of the string energy so you get things like more sustain.

Not everybody wants a heavy guitar, but Les Paul did which is why he designed it with heavy tonewoods, thick body, and a carved top.
Not taking any online orders.
Quote by CorduroyEW
It adds mass to th guitar around the neck and bridge without making the body so thick that you can't easily get to the strings. Guitars that are built thick and heavy waist less of the string energy so you get things like more sustain.

Not everybody wants a heavy guitar, but Les Paul did which is why he designed it with heavy tonewoods, thick body, and a carved top.

I thought the main idea was to keep the body more traditional, like a hollow-body. The extra mass was just an added bonus.
^He was trying for mass, feel, and traditional look and he knew that the carved top was a good way to get all 3. It was all a very well thought out plan.
Not taking any online orders.