ok...so i'm in a band that plays blues, classic rock and our originals are kinda of a mix of said above except with some reggae influences...hard to explain.

THE PROBLEM: I love metal. But the band doesn't really want to play it. Im really into Metallica, Rammstein, Dream Theater, Edguy, Megadeth, Iron Maiden, In Flames, etc.

Are there any kind of neutral metal songs to cover that could appease the said genres above?
maybe not hardcore metal but fairly metal stuff

im just not getting the metal satisfaction i wish to have in this band

my band is in my signature...thanks
myspace.com/crystalignition
Play whiskey in the jar! if they so no....hitman, it's the only way
Professional Mixing available at request.

Everton FC
Dethklok - Murdertrain A Comin'

Just go for some of the lighter, more rock style metal. Most Black Sabbath has a VERY bluesy sound to it in parts, that should fit; and Iron Maiden isn't exactly "heavy" by todays standards. You could definitely get away with songs from IM and Killers. Also, early Motorhead, and Deep Purple.
Last edited by Vermintide at Oct 26, 2007,
Classic Rock? Blues? Maybe, just maybe some very light Motorhead? Especially their old stuff it was more like Rock, though their new stuff is metal. Could be a bit too heavy though, I didn't listen to your band, I'm too sleepy.
Oh, yeah? HOW ABOUT I TEAR YOUR SPINE OUT?!

-Gear-
Epiphone G-400 Vintage SG
Marshall MG Series 30DFX.
ESP LTD AX-400 (My baby)
Try old black sabbath songs. They have a really blues-type sound to them. Especially "The Wizard."
You could ease them into it with some of Metallica's milder covers. "Whiskey in the Jar" and "Turn the Page" come to mind.
Death to Ovation haters!
My immediate advice would be to leave the band and put up classfields to get a metal band going if you want that sort of stuff. But there is some good blues-metal stuff out there.

Try not to be so close minded though. Maybe you should give a bit of blues a listen.
Quote by MightyAl
I lean towards Butthole Surfers because only a butthole would carry a surfboard around a town.

Teh Gearz:

Cruiser Stratocaster
Feng Ling G15 Amplifier
Digitech Grunge Pedal
Daphon E20PH Phaser Pedal
Quote by South-of-Heaven
My immediate advice would be to leave the band and put up classfields to get a metal band going if you want that sort of stuff. But there is some good blues-metal stuff out there.

Try not to be so close minded though. Maybe you should give a bit of blues a listen.

How is he close minded toward blue? He's in a band that plays blues -.- It's his bandmates that are close minded toward metal.
How about trying to play No More Tears by Ozzy?? the solo is essentialy a blues solo with alot of gain over it. Motorhead songs like Speed freak and Ace of Spades are verry classic rock, but like classic rock on speed, like classic thrash. They are awesome songs as well. Play some heavier Zep, like Kashmir just to soften em up a bit. Page kinda crossed the three genres, metal, blues and classic rock, so his stuff is good. Atreyu did a heavier version of You give love a bad name by Bon Jovi, so maybe try that, even tho the vocals are a bit.....bad imo.
No offence meant or anyhting by this.
But I dont think your singer has the talent to pull of dream theater, the range for iron maiden, or the balls for metallica and inflames.
Quote by boardsofcanada
^^

<_<
~Bass'-play-er.

The #1 member of the club that isn't terribly predjudiced against emo. Get over yourselves.
PM me, or just say # x
And part of Fortysix and twos Defenders of Emo club.

" Zach_F I love you for that."
Try I Ain't No Nice Guy by Motorhead.

I don't know if you would call it Blues, but it's Motorhead with Ozzy and Lemmy singing with Slash playing Acoustic/Electric Guitar.
yea my singer was basically forced into singing...vocals are always a problem for us. i'll have to check some of these songs out.

and i am pretty open minded to music...i like blues and classic rock stuff in moderation
myspace.com/crystalignition