I thought I read somewhere it can screw the amp, but I dunno. Could just be my mates spinning bull****, which they do on a regular basis.
Oh, yeah? HOW ABOUT I TEAR YOUR SPINE OUT?!

-Gear-
Epiphone G-400 Vintage SG
Marshall MG Series 30DFX.
ESP LTD AX-400 (My baby)
it works, but sounds crap
Quote by sargasm
I like to draw pictures of penises everywhere.

It makes me feel like a big man.

Proud owner of a fender deluxe player's strat - honey blonde/maple neck Here it is

Member of the Stratocaster Lovers Group
Nonsense to the above responses.

Guitar through a bass amp can sound awesome. Fender Bassman anyone? You often get amazing cleans but sounds pretty bad with distortion pedals and such.
Ibanez PGM301
Ibanez GRG170DX
Fender Telecaster MiJ - 1986
Swing T-Through

Ibanez TS9DX
Sovtek Small Stone - c.1985
EHX Big Muff
Kimbara Wah - c.1974
Boss GE-7

Orange Rocker 30 Combo

http://www.myspace.com/paythelay
it works, there won't be an electrical problem. I played my guitar with a DS-1 thru an old Dean Markley 100W bass amp for 2 years. Didn't hurt anything except my ears. It's playing a bass thru a guitar amp that can damage the speakers.
"The fool doth think he is wise, but the wiseman knows himself to be a fool." - W.S.
amp clips
amp vids
Whosever said it would sound like crap is an idiot. Gilmour did it with amazing results.
Peavey 5150
Mesa Mark IV
Mesa Single Rectifier (Series 1)
Fender Custom Shop Tonemaster
Roland Microcube

-Whitebox OS 1x12
-Port City OS 1x12

Digidesign Eleven RackAxe Fx Ultra
Quote by Tenacious D'er
ok cheers everyone, helped a lot

\m/

Let me guess, are you looking to explore the tonal possibilities you'll get from the lower frequency range of the speakers?

Or do you just want do it because it's 350 watts
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=9X7NTFlXD6M

A clip I did months ago about the same thing. I'm playing through a tiny bass amp and it sounds really nice. Check it out. Particularly towards the end.
Ibanez PGM301
Ibanez GRG170DX
Fender Telecaster MiJ - 1986
Swing T-Through

Ibanez TS9DX
Sovtek Small Stone - c.1985
EHX Big Muff
Kimbara Wah - c.1974
Boss GE-7

Orange Rocker 30 Combo

http://www.myspace.com/paythelay
you could get a Fender Bassman.
Quote by bradulator
Clitoris?

Quote by HeyItsChenny
i smoked weed for the first time last night... it was awesome.

end of story.
yeah definelty, guitar through bass amps do sound sweet, and ive found that they make actually make my pedals sound a hell of a lot better, while still getting awesome cleans. my favourite guitarist, omar rodriquez lopez even loves to play out of bass amps because they sound a lot fuller than even expensive gtar amps. i tried it myself and i agree with him. the only downside for me is that you have no controls to play with, so i just hook my combo up to my mates peavey bass amp
just dont play bass in guitar amp cause ull blow it...guitar will just sound like **** on the bass amp cause its not meant to play high notes
actually high notes play as good as they should sound, i make grunge rock, but still the bass amp handles high notes great. u can always just get an eq if u wanted, but really just try it out, ull see what i mean.
Quote by thekooliest09
just dont play bass in guitar amp cause ull blow it...guitar will just sound like **** on the bass amp cause its not meant to play high notes

Bass amp speakers have WAAAY more available frequencies than guitar speakers. Guitar speakers usually go up to 5khz, while bass amps can go up to 20khz. It's not that bass amps can't handle high frequencies, but that guitar is a MIDrange instrument, not a HIGH frequency instrument.
Peavey 5150
Mesa Mark IV
Roland Microcube

-Whitebox OS 1x12
-Port City OS 1x12

Quote by Reincaster
Bass amp speakers have WAAAY more available frequencies than guitar speakers. Guitar speakers usually go up to 5khz, while bass amps can go up to 20khz. It's not that bass amps can't handle high frequencies, but that guitar is a MIDrange instrument, not a HIGH frequency instrument.

and THAT is why you dont scoop mids.

Curt Mitchell did a van halen instructional video on an old marshall bass amp, and he got THE brown sound.
Gear:
Ibanez RG550 20th RFR
Traynor YCV50
Fender FMT HH Tele
Mesa Boogie 2ch Triple Rectifier
2 1x12 custom Theile cabs
ISP Decimator
Krank Kranshaft
Boss BF-2 Flanger
BBE Sonic Maximizer
I've found that guitar -> bass amp = OMG treble
OMG!!! They're playing One!!!!!11fade to black11one11

God & Founder of UG Electronics

Electronics God of the Laney Cult

My Gear:

Ibanez RG370DX
Laney VC30-212
Dunlop Crybaby
Boss CS-3
Ibanez TS9DX
My guitar has never sounded better than when I run it through my Crate BT1000 Bass amp. It sounds oh so nice. And there hasn't been any damage to it either. As long as the settings on the bass amp are set decently, guitars sound wicked through them.
Anyone ever hear of Kyuss? They did it with great results (albeit in C standard)

Just my two cents
Mandatory gear list

Charvel Model 6 (1986)
Cort MR780FX
Epi Firebird VII
(Soon to be gone) Peavey Bandit 112
Soldano Hot Rod 50+ (1993)
Framus 212 (V30's)
Quote by kool98769
and THAT is why you dont scoop mids.

Curt Mitchell did a van halen instructional video on an old marshall bass amp, and he got THE brown sound.

Hmm, well, Scooping mids is okay, as long as it doesn't go under 6 out of ten.
Peavey 5150
Mesa Mark IV
Roland Microcube

-Whitebox OS 1x12
-Port City OS 1x12