View poll results: which one?
the ibanez
2 13%
the fender
12 80%
neither! theyre both sh*te
1 7%
Voters: 15.
ive been looking for a half decent guitar recently, but im not sure of what to get.
ive narrowed it down to 2:

ibanez rg350dx and fender lite ash tele

i play a mixture of stuff - mostly alternative rock, indie and some punk
my budget is about £320. im leaning more towards the ibanez, cause its cheaper and it looks pretty cool.

which should i get? im open to suggestions, if you think there are better guitars out there at this price range

also, ive had my eye on a fender fm212r amp, good choice?
Get the tele. If you're going to be playing punk you're going to want passive pickups
Edwards Les Paul Custom
Burny SG Junior
DIY Telecaster
Keeley RAT 2
Marshall JCM 800 4104
Tele, low end Ibanez's are good starters but they just don't last long enough in my opinion. A fender, even a mexican, is a great guitar, period.

Also, if your not really into lead I recommend not getting a trem.
Quote by RizzoWashburn
Get the tele. If you're going to be playing punk you're going to want passive pickups

Which the Ibanez has too.

Anyway, out of thos two, I'd go for the Tele.

Quote by JaeSwift
Tele, low end Ibanez's are good starters but they just don't last long enough in my opinion. A fender, even a mexican, is a great guitar, period.

This one's Korean.

Also a trem has nothing to do with lead playing.
You've read it, you can't un-read it!
Get the Tele You just can't beat it for clanging punkness.

Often overlooked for heavier genre's too, has a distinctive tone which really suits heavy distortion.
Ibanez PGM301
Ibanez GRG170DX
Fender Telecaster MiJ - 1986
Swing T-Through

Ibanez TS9DX
Sovtek Small Stone - c.1985
EHX Big Muff
Kimbara Wah - c.1974
Boss GE-7

Orange Rocker 30 Combo

http://www.myspace.com/paythelay
Tele's can definately do indie and punk, and are used in Alt-Rock some too. id go for it.
Quote by JaeSwift

damn, i never thought about the trem
i use it a fair bit, especially for playing muse songs

that doesnt make things any easier, does it?
Quote by Bonsaischaap

Anyway, out of thos two, I'd go for the Tele.

This one's Korean.

Also a trem has nothing to do with lead playing.

Woops, didn't know it was Korean. *ignore comment that was posted here, got mixed up in threads*

I barely see people picking up a guitar with a trem (especially an RG) for anything else than playing lead, hence the suggestion.
Seems to be mostly used for leads, but also for some nice blues vibrato chords. See Jimi Hendrix "Red House."
personally i would get the tele since im thinkingof getting one myself lool but really for the kind of music youre into i think the tele would go better then the ibanez but you should go to a guitar shop first and try them and see which one you like more after actually playin it and getting a feel for them.
92% of teens have moved on to rap. If you are part of the 8% who still listen to real music, copy and paste this.

Gear:
Les Paul
Marshall MG15CD
Dunlop Crybaby
Quote by uldhppi
Seems to be mostly used for leads, but also for some nice blues vibrato chords. See Jimi Hendrix "Red House."

Yea but if you want jimi hendrix style trem usage, I wouldn't recommend getting a double locking trem. Assuming this Ibanez also has an Edge III, I REALLY would not recommend getting it. The knife edges on that thing SUCK, aswell as the overall stability.
Wow wow, sorry I kinda got you off on the wrong foot.

A guitar is kinda like a woman. You can either go for the hot looking one who has the character of a brick wall, or a maybe bit less hot looking woman with a character you can stay with for years =p.

Pick the one that suits you, and you wont find out which one that is until you've played both of them.
Quote by Bonsaischaap

Oh, from the picture they looked active. Nvm, I'd still go with the tele.

EDIT: Also, the ibanez wouldn't sound as good through that amp as the tele.
Edwards Les Paul Custom
Burny SG Junior
DIY Telecaster
Keeley RAT 2
Marshall JCM 800 4104
ive played the tele, it sounds great and its very comfortable

but, i havent tried the ibanez...

my mind is now set more on the tele, but ill check out the ibanez if i get a chance to play one
itll be at least a few weeks before i have enough money for it anyway - so i have plenty of time to decide
I know someone with that Ibanez and they have had alot of problems with the Edge 3 bridge. Even after pro setup. Intonation was shocking.
Quote by neidnarb11890
the chinese take-out place my family always ordered from gave you chopsticks, so as a kid it was fun to try & eat with chopsticks
now i just use a fork, 'cuz nothing is fun anymore & i just want to shovel food into my mouth to fill the void
Well I voted for the Tele. If that Ibby has an Edge III don't even think about it.