I've been thinking about two similar EMG products to include in a future custom build and would like to inquire about them, hopefully to those who have had experience with.
I've been considering the EMG After Burner, and the EMG PA2. Both give an adjustable boost of up to 20 dB. Alright, thats all fine and dandy, however...
My experience with anything that claims to do so has been very disappointing. I was wondering if there was any of you that have used either, because I really don't want to spend tedious time getting one of them installed perfectly... only to find that it gives you a volume boost on clean... and an only an addition of sustain when playing distorted.

I ask this because... I have a wah pedal with an adjustable "level boost" and basically it does just what I said before. It will explode life when kicked in on clean... and just make sustaining a bit easier when distorted... no actual volume boost on the overdrive channel.

Quote by SamZee

It will explode life when kicked in on clean... and just make sustaining a bit easier when distorted... no actual volume boost on the overdrive channel.

Thats all it'll do because its before the preamp. Its like using the Gain on an amp and putting a signal boost pedal like a Boss GE-7 in front of it. All it'll do is add output to your guitar signal thats going into the pre-amp thus boosting volume on a clean channel and just giving more gain on the dirty channel. If you were to put that pedal in the loop after the preamp and before the power amp, you'd get the volume boost your looking for. Same applies to the onboard boosters, thats all you'll get because its in front of the gain section. You need to invest in a pedal to use as a clean volume boost and put it after your OD/Dist pedal or in the loop of your amp.

Last edited by jscustomguitars at Oct 26, 2007,
N E C R O B U M P.

*reported*
kthnxclosed.
Quote by Scowmoo

You deserved this, Matt.