Does anyone keep their guitar volume at something other than 10 and adjust the amp volume accordingly?

I keep mine at 6. It gives a better tone through my amp, which is crap. I have a fat strat btw. Does anyone else to this?

2004 MIM Strat w/ Fender Hot Noiseless pickups
Sovtek MiG 60
Avatar 2x12 w/ Celestion Greenbacks
Snark Tuner
MXR Custom Comp
Fulltone Full-Drive 2
Dunlop JHM3 Univibe
TC electronic Nova Delay
TC electronic Arena Reverb
i whack mine up to 10...
Professional Mixing available at request.

Everton FC
I have it at ten for heavy riffs and for leads, and I turn it down for just a crunch... since I hate having to stomp on pedals. I alwayd trip on the bastards. For cleans, I often just turn it down to the point where I am barely putting any signal through. That way it'll only pick up the strums and hard plucked notes.

The amp and any pedals stay on the whole time at the same levels. Except the wah if I even use it.
i*[∂/∂t]*Ψt = -[∇^2]/2*(Ψt) (unitless form)

Almost as convenient as Wikipedia, but infinitely more hipster, Dover.
I don't put mine on 10 much. I just prefer to leave my distortion pedal on full and then control it from my guitar so I can alter it while I'm playing.
i put mine up or down depending on what type of tone i want. my amp has crap distortion so if i raise or lower the volume it gives a cleaner or crunchier tone.
I find it gives a different tone than just playing with the tone knob. When playing gigs I'll usually always have distortion running and turn the knob down to cool off the sound of everything. I've got a fat strat too =)
Quote by BLSSDMF539
11 :d

well someone had to do it.

and 10 for me all the time
[quote="'[x"]Huffy[x]']^ This man knows everything.

Seriously, don't even try and question him, he'll rip your face off with his awesomeness alone.
Quote by Kumanji
@ yet another win post from Vince. Kudos to you, sir.
to tell the truth, in the years i've had my guitar, i don't know which knobs do what, so i adjust everything on the amp to where i want it(i know what they do ), then i just play around with the guitar until i get the desired tone, or one that i like

Quote by DieGarbageMan
When having sex i realise my penis is of small nature.

Quote by gavz_verdikt
There is a box below Private Messages and right of Log Out.
I think the TS will know what to do next

Quote by Giant Tool
to tell the truth, in the years i've had my guitar, i don't know which knobs do what, so i adjust everything on the amp to where i want it(i know what they do ), then i just play around with the guitar until i get the desired tone, or one that i like

It annoys the hell out of me when I watch my friend, who's been playing for 5 years, twist knobs and flick the pickup switch randomly without having any real idea as to what they actually do, until she gets a sound she likes.

I have a Roger Mayer fuzz which relies heavily on the volume knob for control so I'm always fiddling with my volume. Any small adjustment makes a big difference in tone and fuzz level.
Survivor of the St. John's Lockdown
Quote by SG thrasher

The thread-starter is a legend.
Seriously, who thinks "Shit, i'm gonna die, BRB, Ima' tell UG."?

Quote by The_Paranoia

Congratz man, you are a true, American Hero.
Go Schneiderman!

Gun Facts: Educate Yourself
Depends on how much feedback I want. And harmonics rely on volume too.

Like if I'm playing Welcome Home by Coheed & Cambria I need to have it on full for the pinches.

Whereas if I'm playing something like Crazy Train I keep volume about half.
on my les paul i set it so that im playing through both humbuckers and turn down the neck pickup to about 4-6 and crank the bridge to 10
tone at 10 on both as well
Jesus wouldn't give you the sweat off of his balls if you were dying of thirst.
Quote by Code-E
God, you've gotta be UG's only moron!

Quote by magnum1117
that's right,you certainly are UG's only moron.

Quote by necrosis1193
Read the moron's posts, ironically enough he knows what he says.
I leave mine at 10 but around 8 and 9 it cuts out some and I was wondering if I can fix this?
"Waltz it up! The pit is it!"
I normally keep it at 10. If a song has both clean and dirty parts I'll roll it back for the clean tone. If it's got a bit too much "bite" and I can't be arsed to adjust my amp, I'll just nudge it down to 9 or 8.
Quote by TurdFerguson
keep er at 10 because of me active pickups. why would I keep them at anything else for those?

To take advantage of the additional tone properties that active pickups offer?
Quote by buckethead_jr
^And known for that bloody awesome croissant with a crown.
Man that's badass.

MINE SIG R PINK
Ya i always keep it at 10 most of the time when im playing a song, it just gives me a full sound. i only put it somewhere in the middle if i want to get a less distorted sound i guess, and i keep it at 1 or 2 if i'm too lazy to put my amp into the clean channel, but it gives me a barely overdrive sound. when i'm playing clean channel, the volume doesn't affect my tone as much though.
I roll it back slightly until it sounds good, then roll my tone a bit further until it's to my liking, I usually don't have everything at 10 unless the song calls for it.
Quote by Jearl

...dont play Fender just because its Fender.

Gear:
Ibanez SZ520QM
Peavey Rotor EXP
Squier Bullet (heavily modified)
Mesa Roadster Head & 2x12 cab
I keep my amp between 2-3, and adjust my guitar volume accordingly.
HEY
Do you like anime/manga?
PM me about buying the graphic novels I'm trying to sell
Quote by -February-Star-
To take advantage of the additional tone properties that active pickups offer?

yes. Their full sonic potential isn't reached until 10