Can anyone help on some good kind of easy but a little bit of a challenge 5 string songs?

Kinda Like...

KoRn
Motion City Soundtrack
Hawthorne Heights
Powerman 5000
Slipknot (That's pushing it a little)
Quote by SeveralSpecies
How the f*ck are you gonna get a cat to bark?

---------------------------5------8-----7-
----------------5-------------------------
------------------1-3-3-------/6----/5----
-1/3--1-1h3-------------------------------

Matt Freeman>You
Dream Theater - The Glass Prison.

Intro is reasonable. However, the riff at 1 minute 54 seconds is one of my favourites to play along to. Makes good use of the B string, sounds fantastic if you can get a 'chunky' tone and helps your sense of timing. There's a live video of the song on Youtube and the bass is very easy to hear. I don't know what the tabs on the website show, but I think it sounds better when you take the bass up an octave at the wah effect (So you're playing on the D and A strings).

It's a nice challenge but once you get it, you'll be playing the riff all the time.

If we're talking about Korn songs, I'd say anything off the Issues album. It's not just "Clink, clink". There are some nice, growling bass parts on that album ("Trash", "Hey Daddy" for example).

Have fun!
ok thanks
Quote by SeveralSpecies

Matt Freeman>You
I'm gonna guess since you have a First Act amp you're kinda new at bass? If so here are a bunch I started on. Emery uses a 5-string, they're kind of like MCS with less synth and a longer song titles. Walls has a pretty good bass line. Trapt uses a 5 too, but I forgot the good songs. If you would like some generally awesome songs to play, Chickmagnet by MxPx and Killing In The Name by Rage Against The Machine have awesome bass lines and they're really easy. Pretty much any old Green Day song (Dookie, Shenanigans) has good bass, but they are more complicated. Wow, that was a lot. Sorry if thats not what you were asking for.
well im not really new i got it for my birthday last year cuz my parents werent sure if i was gonna stick with bass and i havnt bought a new one yet
Quote by SeveralSpecies

Matt Freeman>You
Quote by ticklemeemo
I'm gonna guess since you have a First Act amp you're kinda new at bass? If so here are a bunch I started on. Emery uses a 5-string, they're kind of like MCS with less synth and a longer song titles. Walls has a pretty good bass line. Trapt uses a 5 too, but I forgot the good songs. If you would like some generally awesome songs to play, Chickmagnet by MxPx and Killing In The Name by Rage Against The Machine have awesome bass lines and they're really easy. Pretty much any old Green Day song (Dookie, Shenanigans) has good bass, but they are more complicated. Wow, that was a lot. Sorry if thats not what you were asking for.

oh yeah i know killing in the name and i like trapt but ill check out those other ones tomorrow
Quote by SeveralSpecies

Matt Freeman>You
Here's a thought. Take any song you know that moves up and down the neck and utilize the B string to stay in the same position as much as possible. In my opinion, that's the optimal use of a B string.
Quote by Micehorns
Dream Theater - The Glass Prison.

Intro is reasonable. However, the riff at 1 minute 54 seconds is one of my favourites to play along to. Makes good use of the B string, sounds fantastic if you can get a 'chunky' tone and helps your sense of timing. There's a live video of the song on Youtube and the bass is very easy to hear. I don't know what the tabs on the website show, but I think it sounds better when you take the bass up an octave at the wah effect (So you're playing on the D and A strings).

It's a nice challenge but once you get it, you'll be playing the riff all the time.

If we're talking about Korn songs, I'd say anything off the Issues album. It's not just "Clink, clink". There are some nice, growling bass parts on that album ("Trash", "Hey Daddy" for example).

Have fun!

AFAIK the intro to the Glass Prison requires a six stringer.
Staind and Breaking Benjamin are usually easy and they use 5 stringers
I'll lay waiting, just waiting for my time to come
Quote by watchingmefall

It can be done on a 5 stringer. A little dancing around the fret board (and ultimately ruining the original version lol )

TS - But i'm guessing you're wanting some action on the B string? Maybe push your slapping and popping ability with some Mudvayne. L.D. 50 album was done with a 5 stringer in standard turning (or can be played in standard tuning).

I say try 'Dig', 'Death Blooms' and 'Severed'.

Staind is another good suggestion, you can clearly hear the bass line in 'Fade'.

Have fun.
Quote by 14shadesofblue
Staind and Breaking Benjamin are usually easy and they use 5 stringers

Another one I forgot about! Breaking Benjamin!
Quote by SeveralSpecies

Matt Freeman>You
Off topic, but how does that first act respond to your 5 string?
Because I know my Ibanez practice bass amp can't pick up the B for ****.
that a cover? of who?
Quote by SeveralSpecies

Matt Freeman>You
Quote by kaossurge
Off topic, but how does that first act respond to your 5 string?
Because I know my Ibanez practice bass amp can't pick up the B for ****.

it reponds pretty well acually is not that bad for recording
Quote by SeveralSpecies

Matt Freeman>You
the dark eternal night - dream theater
Quote by chinese_jazz
One morning I shot an elephant in my pajamas. How he got in my pajamas, I don't know.

Jaco Pastorius

E-A-G-L-E-S!!
Quote by watchingmefall

later in the song with the fast "unisons" you need it too right?? Btw. you can't call it unisons, though it is very fast, there is a solo above it
For five string you should really try Alien Ant Farms cover of Smooth Criminal
If your not a fan of AAF like myself, you may still enjoy learning it due to its killer bass line.

bring em back alive- by Audioslave is a great 5-string song
Quote by Sos-viper
For five string you should really try Alien Ant Farms cover of Smooth Criminal
If your not a fan of AAF like myself, you may still enjoy learning it due to its killer bass line.

He plays a six string, but he doesn't use the B or C.
Quote by skater dan0
Damn you and your ninja-like modding
Quote by jazz_rock_feel
Here's a thought. Take any song you know that moves up and down the neck and utilize the B string to stay in the same position as much as possible. In my opinion, that's the optimal use of a B string.

And to think, just three shorts years ago I was writing this...
Why do people bump these threads?
Quote by Fat Lard
Why would you spend tens of thousands of dollars to learn about a language you already speak? It was over before it even started dude

Quote by captainsnazz
brot pls