I've been having this weird problem lately, when i play along a song and start to solo. My hands get sweaty, i never use to. It might be due to the strings rust but I'm not sure. Does anyone put anything on their hands to make them dry lol, i know its weird. But i like it when my hands are dry, i can really attack the strings. When their sweating, bends hurt. thanks!
LOL
Rust from the string got nothing to do with sweaty fingers. Might be the environment ur playing in, if its damp then its likely to get sweaty. Try rubbing a little bit of body powder on ur fingers. Although ive never heard about sweaty hand or it being a problem...lol
When my hands are slippery I find it WAY easier to play and get all over the neck.
G&L Legacy Special -> Line 6 TonePort GX -> Gearbox\GR2

Fender DG-19 Acoustic
well its hot in my room and in southern California, hate the weather here. Its suppose to be cold but its hot in 90's
LOL
Quote by SiKh22
well its hot in my room and in southern California, hate the weather here. Its suppose to be cold but its hot in 90's

Because of the fires? I'm just throwing something out there. Maybe it SOMEHOW affected the atmosphere in your room?
You should practice playing with sweaty fingers..lol. Look at all the big guitarists, they gotta play on stage for hours at a time and they sweat not just on their fingers but all over....so get used to it if u play in a band or r considering it.
Quote by RearyGay
Because of the fires? I'm just throwing something out there. Maybe it SOMEHOW affected the atmosphere in your room?

I'm up by sacramento and it smells like smoke all the way up here O.O

I sweat all the time, I mess up solos at the intro too. I really have to be into it to do it right.
"The future's uncertain, and The End is always near."
-Jim Morrison
the only time i ever dont **** up a solo....

is when i dont even realize im playing the solo
R.I.P. S.R.V. dimebag ain't got nothin' on you.
R.I.P. Hendrix... nevermind, god can't die
after each song you do, maybe use a ecent guitar clotch and wipe the back and the fretboard of the neck well....and also dry your hands with a good towell. ..

do you think people like EVH, SRV and hendrix never got sweaty hands ?....
your not wierd, im wierd.

i like warm hands, ...cold hands suck, mine are like spindles...so theres not much blood...sometimes i use a hair dryer, if i get pissed off.
Wash your hands before you play. Ever since I started doing that I haven't had any sweat problems.
Major of 7 String Legion 7 > 6

Carvin DC747
Ibanez RG2228
Schecter Avenger Custom Shop
and my baby....
Gibson Explorer Studio
Dude, i live in singapore which is very near the eqautor, temperatures can go up 2 33 degrees celcius and its always rain and shine all year round, no snow or any of the four seasons, talk bout humid lol, sweaty fingers is normal 4 me
But some people sweat more than others. Anyway, you have to get used to it if you wanna play for long period of time.
Besides being a guitar player, I'm a big fan of the guitar. I love that damn instrument. Steve Vai

Gear:
Kramer Striker FR422SM
Roland Microcube
Digitech Bad Monkey
Dunlop Tortex 1.14mm picks

MY VIDEOS
i hardly sweat though, washing my hands. If i wash my hands, they get softer. the skin peals
LOL
Quote by SiKh22
i hardly sweat though, washing my hands. If i wash my hands, they get softer. the skin peals

Use dove or ivory, I don't really remember, soap. It's very mild, not skin softening like most soaps, and gets rid of oils. Wipe down the neck of your guitar after each use as well.
Major of 7 String Legion 7 > 6

Carvin DC747
Ibanez RG2228
Schecter Avenger Custom Shop
and my baby....
Gibson Explorer Studio
Last edited by MESAexplorer at Oct 27, 2007,
im in So-Cal too. and yea. it's hot.

i sweat (i think more than avg.) and i still get the grip on my strings. i think i'm doin alright...
get a fan? (like steve vai) and blow onto your guitar? lol.
Call me "Shot".

ShotRod Guitar Works

Custom Hand-wired Amplifiers and Effect Pedals.

Est. 2007

Source to everything I say about Guitars, Pedals, and Amplifiers: I make them.

UG's Best DIY PedalBoard