I'm looking for a new guitar for around $300-$400 (£145- £200)
I play rock, classic rock, metal, jazz, and some blues. I'm thinking about getting a Schecter Damien 6 - http://www.musiciansfriend.com/prod...itar?sku=513102

or a Ibanez RG3EXQM1- http://www.musiciansfriend.com/prod...itar?sku=519784

Any suggestions, comments, positive negative things on each guitar?
Last edited by jfloyd1879 at Oct 27, 2007,
In your price range, I'd say go for an Ibanez RG321, or any other hardtail Ibanez for that matter.

The only thing I have against these Ibanez guitars is that the Edge III tremolo isn't one of the top locking trems out there, but if you get a hardtail you won't have to deal with that.

The necks on Ibanez guitars, even the moderatly priced ones, are among the best you can get (especially in your price range).

The best way to find out what you want though, is to go to a music store and to just try a few guitars.
You've read it, you can't un-read it!
I've tried an Omen 6 (used for $200) and an Ibanez that was used for $200 dollars. I liked the the feel and tone of the Ibanez better then the Schecter. Although it might have been just the Marshall SS amp.

*edit* And what's a hardtail?
And I'm not sure I like that RG321. It's like a starter guitar, and I currently play a starter guitar, so I don't feel the point of spending $280 to get $80 of an upgrade.
Quote by jfloyd1879
And I'm not sure I like that RG321. It's like a starter guitar, and I currently play a starter guitar, so I don't feel the point of spending $280 to get $80 of an upgrade.

To respond to your earlier post, a hardtail is a fixed bridge.

The RG321 is not more of a starters guitar than the Schecter you mentioned. Alternatively, you could go for a more expensive hardtail RG.

By the way, what guitar do you have now?
Quote by jfloyd1879
Squier HSS strat O_O

The Ibanez will most certainly be an upgrade. Just look around local shops and check out there inventory.

In an ideal situation they will have a few Ibanez models without a tremolo, so you can give them a go and see if you like them.
I just went to my local music store today again on a different amp. It was like a 60W tube. I played both guitars again (the only ones they had) and I felt the difference again. Ibanez was better. I then played my Squier on the amp to see the true difference in the guitars, and I felt that my Squier's tone was almost the same as the Ibanez RG220B, but the Ibanez had a better feel. So overall I'm probably going to get a RG3EXQM1, and replace the pickups with Seymour Duncan JB and Jazz pickups.