no you dont seriously
that will be wait loud for bedroom pratcice I use my 25-50 watt (gotta switch) and 25 can only be cranked in an empty house when competing with drums
50 hasnt been tested yet
Oh, so around 25 watts? I'm in jazz band and I have to crank my Frontman 15G all the way to be heard (without OD)
Quote by jfloyd1879
Oh, so around 25 watts? I'm in jazz band and I have to crank my Frontman 15G all the way to be heard (without OD)

Tube amps tend to be quite a lot louder than a solid state with the same amount of watts.

Also, when you crank a tube amp the sound tends to get better and when you crank a solid state, the sound starts to break up after a certain volume.
You've read it, you can't un-read it!
I have the palomino v16 and love it. It's definitely loud enough.
A wise man is not wise because of his wiseness, but because of his manness.

Quote by floppypick
Penis.. do digimon have them?
Tube amps tend to be quite a lot louder than a solid state with the same amount of watts.

Also, when you crank a tube amp the sound tends to get better and when you crank a solid state, the sound starts to break up after a certain volume.

I know that, but does a tube amp sound bad when not fully cranked? Or is it just at it's lowest quality?
Quote by jfloyd1879
I know that, but does a tube amp sound bad when not fully cranked? Or is it just at it's lowest quality?

Well technically yes, but the word lowest isn't ideal in this case.

The sound does get better, but it's not bad at practice levels, either. In fact, a lot of tube amps sound pretty damn good at neigbour-friendly volumes.

If you go to my profile, all the MP3's and technique samples were recorded with a 50 watt tube amp at low volume. The recording quality isn't the best, but it gets my point across.
You've read it, you can't un-read it!
can you get the palomino in the UK?

i'd consider the laney vc15 or maybe wait for the peavey windsor studio to try it. though i'm guessing neither of those have mountains of headroom.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?